When COVID is gone.
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 7367network)
When COVID is gone.
These things don't just vanish like that.

Even now plenty of people don't wear them in shops because they make breathing harder or they are too uncomfortable. My glasses would steam up all the time if I wore one and I don't want to be blind.
GabiAbi84
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Bio 7)

Even now plenty of people don't wear them in shops because they make breathing harder or they are too uncomfortable. My glasses would steam up all the time if I wore one and I don't want to be blind.
My glasses steam up too-I still wear one. “Too uncomfortable” should not be an excuse for someone to not wear a mask when they can help save lives...
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
My glasses steam up too-I still wear one. “Too uncomfortable” should not be an excuse for someone to not wear a mask when they can help save lives...
We can agree to disagree.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No time soon, and the Government are in discussions about whether to extend mandatory masks to all shops.
Kogomogo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Bio 7)

Breathing isn't harder, it just feels strange because of breathing in warm air (i find it can cause a little throat discomfort, but that's it). It's easy enough to get used to in time, just breathe normally and trust that you are breathing, if you immediately take it off you'll never get used to it. I saw once a nurse wore one of those blood oxygen measuring devices with a load of different types of mask and they had no effect whatsoever.

I'm a fellow glasses wearer too and would say you are wearing the wrong type of mask. A good one shouldn't let any warm air out around the edges, and a nose bridge can help a lot with getting a good fit around the nose. Just get a good fit and style and glasses wearers should have 0 problems. Some masks even have fancy anti fog strips built in along the top now.
Kathy89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
Actually masks are proven to be ineffective because people are not using them right. The masks are effective for a few hours, after that they become a substrate for bacteria and viruses and other organisms we exhale and later we inhale even more contagious air. You need to replace the mask every 2-4 hours.... not wear the same one for a few days.

I hate wearing the mask and because my glasses always steam up like everyone else's glasses I started wearing contacts on a daily basis most of the day.
justjas33
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Masks help reduce the transmission and spread of viruses. Period. When people stop dying, masks can go. When we have sufficient treatment/a vaccine, masks can go. I wear glasses and they steam up sometimes when I wear my mask. But if that’s one of the few inconveniences I have to deal with during this epidemic I’d count myself very very lucky.

Buy a reusable mask, the ones that are more tight fitting, so your glasses won’t fog up. Problem solved!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (188)
38.6%
Take autumn exams (149)
30.6%
Look for a job (17)
3.49%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.31%
Take a year out (84)
17.25%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (28)
5.75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed