Travelling to France, passport rules

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi all, I’m considering taking a trip to France January/February coming up but I don’t have a passport. I had one as a baby but haven’t had one since. On the government website it says to not apply for one unless travelling before September so should I wait until after September to get one? Also what are the rules if I do get a passport and I’m travelling to France, will I get a new passport for the U.K. with brexit etc. Any help would be appreciated.
sunshinehss
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Well you basically answered your own question; if the government said not to apply for one based on that criteria then don't.

As for whether they've started issuing the new passports I would assume so. Then again I'm not sure because I haven't heard anything about it.

Maybe check the government website again for that and also info on travel guidance pertaining to France.

Anonymous #1
(Original post by sunshinehss)
Well you basically answered your own question; if the government said not to apply for one based on that criteria then don't.

As for whether they've started issuing the new passports I would assume so. Then again I'm not sure because I haven't heard anything about it.

Maybe check the government website again for that and also info on travel guidance pertaining to France.

Yeah I guess what I meant with the passport applications is, would it be best to apply as soon as possible after September if I plan on going January or February. I’ll go read up on it all now, thank you.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yeah I guess what I meant with the passport applications is, would it be best to apply as soon as possible after September if I plan on going January or February. I’ll go read up on it all now, thank you.
Just keep an eye on the website. The rush usually passes by August.

Depending on the brexit withdrawal agreement you’re likely to need a visa to go to France in January. Also the EHIC card will no longer be valid so make sure you have good travel insurance.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by PQ)
Just keep an eye on the website. The rush usually passes by August.

Depending on the brexit withdrawal agreement you’re likely to need a visa to go to France in January. Also the EHIC card will no longer be valid so make sure you have good travel insurance.
Ahhh okay thank you, I’ll keep an eye out. Sorry I’m new to this whole travelling thing so I’m not sure what is going to happen but I’m desperate to get away and see new places. In regards to a visa how would I go about getting that if i was to book for February... would I have to wait until January to get it or what. Sorry if I seem utterly clueless but it’s because I honestly am.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (201)
39.26%
Take autumn exams (155)
30.27%
Look for a job (17)
3.32%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.1%
Take a year out (88)
17.19%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
5.86%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise