How to ask a friend who is a girl on a date.

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello, I’m not really sure how to do this because I don’t want to ruin our friendship but I’m really starting to like her.

Recently I’ve started playing Xbox with a few friends, and one of them is this girl who I used to like at school, and we have actually started getting on quite well. We just sit around playing call of duty and other games a few hours a night and it is starting to become the highlight of my day.

I started noticing that I would be really excited when it was just me and her alone, and without realising I was spending more time with her 1 on 1 after everyone else had gone offline.

I’m really not sure where to take this though. I’m not sure if she even has any feelings for me beyond friends and I really don’t want to cause a rift in our group. Does anyone have any ideas of what I should do?? Thank you so much
Purple_Giraffe
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
ask her if she wants to go out sometime, maybe for a bite or if you two are comfortable enough ask her if you could make a date out of your call of duty sessions and then order in her favourite food.

Trust me you miss 100pc chances you don't take
JadeMarie27
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello, I’m not really sure how to do this because I don’t want to ruin our friendship but I’m really starting to like her.

Recently I’ve started playing Xbox with a few friends, and one of them is this girl who I used to like at school, and we have actually started getting on quite well. We just sit around playing call of duty and other games a few hours a night and it is starting to become the highlight of my day.

I started noticing that I would be really excited when it was just me and her alone, and without realising I was spending more time with her 1 on 1 after everyone else had gone offline.

I’m really not sure where to take this though. I’m not sure if she even has any feelings for me beyond friends and I really don’t want to cause a rift in our group. Does anyone have any ideas of what I should do?? Thank you so much
Well I would say just go for it to be honest, most of not all my relationships have started from me making a wild leap of faith and sometimes it fails sometimes it succeeds. May as well try.
Sam.C.Mat
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Why not try something simple - "I'm going to X, do you want to come with me?"
If you say what you're doing it's easier for people to join in, it could still work as just friends, you look like you have a plan and you'll still be able to go do something on your own if she says no.
If she really likes you but not what you suggested, she might well suggest something else - it's a lot easier to offer alternatives when someone else has taken the first step!
Good luck!
Scrax
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Tbh if you're friends I wouldn't ask her out. I would wait for an opportunity when you're all hanging out and get talking to her and maybe throw something in like you're going to see a band / going to see a movie / and do you want to come. A good one is I really want to see xxx movie but don't want to go to the cinema alone, do you fancy coming with me. That way the pressure is off.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by saish20)
ask her if she wants to go out sometime, maybe for a bite or if you two are comfortable enough ask her if you could make a date out of your call of duty sessions and then order in her favourite food.

Trust me you miss 100pc chances you don't take
Thank you, I might give this a try next time I can talk to her alone. I suppose that might work quite well because we both enjoy playing that together anyway.
(Original post by JadeMarie27)
Well I would say just go for it to be honest, most of not all my relationships have started from me making a wild leap of faith and sometimes it fails sometimes it succeeds. May as well try.
Thank you, I will definitely give it a try
(Original post by Sam.C.Mat)
Why not try something simple - "I'm going to X, do you want to come with me?"
If you say what you're doing it's easier for people to join in, it could still work as just friends, you look like you have a plan and you'll still be able to go do something on your own if she says no.
If she really likes you but not what you suggested, she might well suggest something else - it's a lot easier to offer alternatives when someone else has taken the first step!
Good luck!
I like this idea, thank you. Just not sure where we would go. With the lockdown in the UK only just being eased there aren’t really many options because I don’t think cinemas or anything are open yet.
(Original post by Scrax)
Tbh if you're friends I wouldn't ask her out. I would wait for an opportunity when you're all hanging out and get talking to her and maybe throw something in like you're going to see a band / going to see a movie / and do you want to come. A good one is I really want to see xxx movie but don't want to go to the cinema alone, do you fancy coming with me. That way the pressure is off.
That’s a good idea. I was worried about even considering this because I really don’t want to lose her as a friend or make it really awkward next time we all play together. I might try and sort something out so that we can just spend some time together without everyone else there.

Thank you for the suggestions everyone it means a lot to me
Sam.C.Mat
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you, I might give this a try next time I can talk to her alone. I suppose that might work quite well because we both enjoy playing that together anyway.

Thank you, I will definitely give it a try

I like this idea, thank you. Just not sure where we would go. With the lockdown in the UK only just being eased there aren’t really many options because I don’t think cinemas or anything are open yet.

That’s a good idea. I was worried about even considering this because I really don’t want to lose her as a friend or make it really awkward next time we all play together. I might try and sort something out so that we can just spend some time together without everyone else there.

Thank you for the suggestions everyone it means a lot to me
For where to go - search atlas obscura or wikitravel for stuff near you that's outside, or find a place doing takeaway or something you've not tried before and would like to.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Sam.C.Mat)
For where to go - search atlas obscura or wikitravel for stuff near you that's outside, or find a place doing takeaway or something you've not tried before and would like to.
Thank you for the suggestions, I’m not sure when to go for it yet, might start talking to her more often through text and see what happens.
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
In non-lockdown times you could say that you fancied a change from all this X Box CoD stuff and you're going Laserquesting instead and you think she'd enjoy it if she came along.

Maybe you could go paintballing instead?

Or air rifle shooting?

Or even something daft like hide and seek in some woods with a picnic under a tree...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (82)
38.68%
Take autumn exams (71)
33.49%
Look for a job (6)
2.83%
Consider an apprenticeship (7)
3.3%
Take a year out (33)
15.57%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
6.13%

Watched Threads