boyfriend forgets my birthday...

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
he forgot my birthday which was a few months back and couldnt get me anything because of the lock down, which was totally fine and i get it.
But today he went out with his best friend to get a gift for his girlfriend for hours...
is it irrational to get mad at him?
--Student
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
He went out with his friend to spend time with his friend, the fact that his friend was getting his girlfriend a present is irrelevant.
Issakatie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I think you have a right to be annoyed that he forgot your birthday, regardless of whether it was covid or not he should still remember, it's so easy nowadays to just put it in your phone calendar even if your brain cannot retain one date associated with your gf.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
he forgot my birthday which was a few months back and couldnt get me anything because of the lock down, which was totally fine and i get it.
But today he went out with his best friend to get a gift for his girlfriend for hours...
is it irrational to get mad at him?
Did you tell him that you were upset that he forgot your birthday the day after your birthday? If you've been stewing about this for a few months then you're unlikely to talk to him rationally about it. He likely just wanted to spend time with his friend instead of specifically going to look for a gift.
pepsimaxcherry
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
you’re right to be upset about him forgetting your birthday but the whole shopping thing might just be spending time with each other? Idrk but maybe they wanted to hang out and it just so happened that his friend needs to get a present?

You have every right to be upset that he didn’t remember your birthday though. That was wrong and foolish on his half. Maybe talk to him about it and explain that it really did upset you?

I’m sure he doesn’t mean to hurt you but the best thing to do is communicate how you feel and take it from there!

Best of luck
Purple_Giraffe
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
To think about it, he went out with his best friend maybe he was dragged and he went unwillingly. The reason to go out is irrelevant though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors are most important to you when considering a university in Clearing?

How well the uni/course ranks (2)
20%
Location (2)
20%
How effective their covid-19 policies are (0)
0%
What courses they offer (3)
30%
Course content (1)
10%
Social life options (1)
10%
Accommodation options (1)
10%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (0)
0%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed