The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What do you ask. Are you potential dater or datee?
If I connected with them then yes I think I would. However I do view it as a preference as long as the reason for not dating a trans person is the right reason and not because of something transphobic :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
What do you ask. Are you potential dater or datee?

Wdym?
Reply 4
Original post by pepsimaxcherry
If I connected with them then yes I think I would. However I do view it as a preference as long as the reason for not dating a trans person is the right reason and not because of something transphobic :smile:

Totally agree yea.
A trap?
Wdym?

Simple. Just wondering if you're trans and trying to navigate your way in the world, or are you attracted to a trans person and are seeking reassurance, or just a troll stirring?
Firstly for reference, I'm a heterosexual man.

I personally wouldn't date someone who was biologically born a man. I wouldn't date a man who had an operation to try and replicate the shape and look of a woman's genitals either.
A trap?

*Ba dum tsss*
Reply 9
Simple. Just wondering if you're trans and trying to navigate your way in the world, or are you attracted to a trans person and are seeking reassurance, or just a troll stirring?

Ah, I’m trans and tryna see what the general consensus is.
No I would not date a trans girl.

Same reason I wouldn't date a 6 ft 10 girl, because I find it unattractive.
Reply 11
No, I personally wouldn't.
How many of you girls/guys/others date a trans girl pre surgery? Does passing matter a lot to you? Just curious

Like... I want my partner to have the correct anatomy first of all.

I don't normally even state it as a preference, just take it for granted. Right:
1) Anatomy
2) Personality
3) Looks
Call me transphobic if you want but honestly I wouldn’t date a trans person pre or post operation. I’m a cisgender, straight male who wants to be with a cisgender, straight/bi female.

It is NOT transphobic to have a dating preference. I have no issues with trans people being who they want to be but I personally don’t want them as a romantic partner.
Lmao no bloody chance
Reply 15
Yeah. If we really clicked and then I found out they were trans, I wouldnt dump them for that.
Nope, not my cup of tea
no
yes why not, if u clicked with someone, got on really well and if i felt comfortable enough to move into something romantic with them then yes. People focus too much on genitals - they don’t matter
Ah, I’m trans and tryna see what the general consensus is.

I can tell you the consensus: a firm no.

Latest

Trending

Trending