The Student Room Group

is a london university the best for a politics and IR course?

i'm in year 12 and in a massive dilemma about university. i want to study politics and international relations, but am undecided where to put as my options. everyone suggests going to a london university since it's the hub for politics, however i've not heard the greatest things about studying in london

would you suggest going to a london uni for a politics degree? what have your experiences been?
Original post by kxch
i'm in year 12 and in a massive dilemma about university. i want to study politics and international relations, but am undecided where to put as my options. everyone suggests going to a london university since it's the hub for politics, however i've not heard the greatest things about studying in london

would you suggest going to a london uni for a politics degree? what have your experiences been?

There’s loads of places u can study a good degree for politics outside of London , ofc UCL and LSE r super prestigious for the subject but other unis like Edinburgh can be just as good
Reply 2
Original post by iracundus
There’s loads of places u can study a good degree for politics outside of London , ofc UCL and LSE r super prestigious for the subject but other unis like Edinburgh can be just as good

yehh that's kind of what i'm thinking. my teachers all suggest going to london but i really am hesitant. thank you for replying bc that's really helpful!
Original post by kxch
yehh that's kind of what i'm thinking. my teachers all suggest going to london but i really am hesitant. thank you for replying bc that's really helpful!

It’s fine applying to one or two of those unis but don’t just apply to London unis because a lot of them r super hard to get into (because they people think like ur teacher these are the only places they should apply) so maybe apply to one of UCL or LSE but yeh there are loads of other options that are good

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending