IELTS test and studying in the UK in general

Watch
vinbob
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
First, hi to all, I am new to this website today, it looks to be a world of knowledge, so thanks in advance. My son, aged 15, just finished french international college, he has dual nationality French/English, he is bilingual, he recently obtained his Brevet, Mention Tres Bien Option Internationale Britainnique. Unfortunately, due to Covid and cancelled language entrance exams, he missed out on a place at Lycee International to study the Option International French Bacalaureat. OIB would have been the best step towards studying at Uni in the UK, do you think it is still possible for him to get accepted into a UK Uni if he were to apply in future with French Bac and would he need a IELTS qualification now to prove his level of English. Also any asistance on which Uni's accept French Bac students would be most helpful. rgds
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It depends what the equivalency of the French Bac is so I suggest contacting the university if they accept this. You don’t need IELTS if English is your first language but yes you do need it or any equivalent in what the university mentioned.
vinbob
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by PetitePanda)
It depends what the equivalency of the French Bac is so I suggest contacting the university if they accept this. You don’t need IELTS if English is your first language but yes you do need it or any equivalent in what the university mentioned.
Thanks v.much for the reply. His mother is french and father (me) English, as I said he is biligual, but because he has been through the french school system, and he is now not doing OIB Bac, I am thinking they might see his first language as french and require some IELTS proof, OIB Brevet might not cut it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (174)
38.07%
Take autumn exams (143)
31.29%
Look for a job (16)
3.5%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.6%
Take a year out (76)
16.63%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (27)
5.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise