The Student Room Group

I’ve lost an early exam result for GCSEs can I still turn that result in?

I’ve lost my GCSE Turkish result that I sat a year prior to taking my GCSEs, I received my result for it that year. However, I’ve lost that result now and enrolment is soon. I wanted to know if I can still enrol with that grade if I have written consent from the Head of MFL at my secondary school.
Original post by batu.ortucu
I’ve lost my GCSE Turkish result that I sat a year prior to taking my GCSEs, I received my result for it that year. However, I’ve lost that result now and enrolment is soon. I wanted to know if I can still enrol with that grade if I have written consent from the Head of MFL at my secondary school.

What exactly do you mean "lost your result"? Have you lost your certificate? If so, you can apply for a certifying statement of results (I think that's what its called) from the exam board - that's basically equivalent to the original one. Or else, if you're lucky, you can get a replacement certificate. Here's the edexcel info (but probably similar for all boards):
https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/Services/certificate-services/replacement-documents.html
Reply 2
Original post by happyandautistic
What exactly do you mean "lost your result"? Have you lost your certificate? If so, you can apply for a certifying statement of results (I think that's what its called) from the exam board - that's basically equivalent to the original one. Or else, if you're lucky, you can get a replacement certificate. Here's the edexcel info (but probably similar for all boards):
https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/Services/certificate-services/replacement-documents.html

I’ve misplaced the result and I fear that I have accidentally thrown it away. I was in the middle of applying to get my result certificate from OCR but I’d rather not pay £47 if I can still find a way to enrol without paying that fee.
Reply 3
It depends on the college you're applying to but I'd imagine they'd accept a note from your school.
Reply 4
Original post by Compost
It depends on the college you're applying to but I'd imagine they'd accept a note from your school.

I emailed both the HOD for MFL from my secondary school and the admissions team from my sixth form to make sure I can arrange that properly.

Quick Reply

Latest