The Student Room Group

HELP, i need proof of adress

so I've just turned 18 and I have a job offer, however my employer wants proof of address, all of my bills ext don't have my name on it but my parents, so what can I use? Thanks!
Original post by Taief Rahman
so I've just turned 18 and I have a job offer, however my employer wants proof of address, all of my bills ext don't have my name on it but my parents, so what can I use? Thanks!

Bank/savings account? You should be on the electoral roll by now. Why not ask them what they'll accept?

Will they accept a declaration from your parents?

Do you have a drivers licence or a provisional drivers licence? They normally accept that
Drivers licence, credit card statement, bank savings account or letter from the HMRC/DWP.

What type of job is it?
I've only ever encountered potential employers asking to see an applicants proof of address documentation to run a DBS check or credit search.
Reply 5
Original post by londonmyst
Drivers licence, credit card statement, bank savings account or letter from the HMRC/DWP.

What type of job is it?
I've only ever encountered potential employers asking to see an applicants proof of address documentation to run a DBS check or credit search.

It's for a sales executive position, thanks ill use a bank statement.
Reply 6
Original post by harrysbar
Do you have a drivers licence or a provisional drivers licence? They normally accept that

No drivers license, and I heard provisional arent accepted
Reply 7
Original post by Muttley79
Bank/savings account? You should be on the electoral roll by now. Why not ask them what they'll accept?

Yep they said i need 2 proofs of address, so il use account statement for 1
Yep they said i need 2 proofs of address, so il use account statement for 1

So that and your provisional; have you got a passport?
Reply 9
Original post by Muttley79
So that and your provisional; have you got a passport?

Yep, password is for identity, i have read provisional arent accepted
Yep, password is for identity, i have read provisional arent accepted

It has your address though? You have to prove address to get a provisional; check with the company.
Reply 11
Original post by londonmyst

What type of job is it?

How do i get a letter from the HMRC/DWP
Take a cheesy selfie in front of where you live with the house number showing.
How do i get a letter from the HMRC/DWP

Have you filed a tax return, requested confirmation of your national insurance number or claimed any welfare benefits in the last 6 months?
can you not use your NI letter

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending