The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol uni second thoughts

Hi! I've firmed Bristol to study engineering as I really liked the city and course. But I've read some posts complaining about how the University has gone downhill and can be quite unfriendly.

I was basically wondering if any Bristol students could share their experience (and hopefully restore my confidence)?
My cousin goes to Bristol to study aerospace engineering and hes about to start 3rd year. He loves Bristol. He made lots of friends and his lecturers and teachers are very supportive. Any uni can be daunting, but its what you make it. So make sure you have your bedroom door open on uni day, join lots of societies, join on line group chats right now. My daughters going to uni this year and she has joined her physics group chat from fb and they zoom each other and do escape rooms and shes made some fab friends so she feels more comfortable about the whole experience come september. I think Eve Cornwell the you tuber went to Bristol so might give you a fair idea on the place if you watch her videos. There are going to be the odd complaints with any uni, but overall the majority of students do love their unis. And, if by first year your still not liking it, you can switch doing the same course elsewhere :smile:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending