Turn on thread page Beta

Self Defense ? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    This Jerk was bothering me the other day and he kept pushing me then he had a bit of sharp metal in his hand from our previous Engineering lesson and lunged at me so i didnt hesitate and my karate came in to action and i knife handed his throat and gave him with all my might a groin kick which kinda lifted him up. he was shocked and was feeling sick. His parents came in because he claims he has problems now from this incident the other week. was i right and what should i do because theres no witnesses?

ReputationRep:
    It depends how bad what he was doing was.

ReputationRep:
    you Made 3 Threads!!??

ReputationRep:
    you Made 3 Threads!!??

ReputationRep:
    Yes you was right, if in doubt, contact your solicitor/police.
    You protected yourself.
    Any witnessed?

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, all you can do is tell your side of the story and hope for the best, I can't really decide. I think perhaps you went overboard but then, if he was essentially attacking you with a weapon then perhaps you did what you could. Just keep emphasising that he essentially tried to stab you.

ReputationRep:
    be careful, if you ever try to protect yourself the police will be sure to put you on their DNA database.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theo_No.1)
    This Jerk was bothering me the other day and he kept pushing me then he had a bit of sharp metal in his hand from our previous Engineering lesson and lunged at me so i didnt hesitate and my karate came in to action and i knife handed his throat and gave him with all my might a groin kick which kinda lifted him up. he was shocked and was feeling sick. His parents came in because he claims he has problems now from this incident the other week. was i right and what should i do because theres no witnesses??
    what the deuce?! omg i'm signing myself up for karate lessons now - that's well cool...or is this a :troll: thread?

ReputationRep:
    Just doesn't seem like an HnR to me. More legal; you're in legal trouble right?

ReputationRep:
    Well it is'nt against the law as you were being attacked first and defended yourself.

The best thing to do is book a consultation with a solicitior?

ReputationRep:
    :troll: ??

ReputationRep:
    If there were no witnesses, just deny you did anything. Or just say, he lunged at you with a metal object, which he did do. so you did the sensible thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelkin)
    Hmmm, all you can do is tell your side of the story and hope for the best, I can't really decide. I think perhaps you went overboard but then, if he was essentially attacking you with a weapon then perhaps you did what you could. Just keep emphasising that he essentially tried to stab you.
    But he really didn't. Seems to me like the OP REALLY over reacted. And if claims that the other dude tried to stab him, he might just be getting himself into deeper crap than he probably already is in

ReputationRep:
    Well I've been training in the defense of kung fu (wing chun) for many years now and I know that karate just like kung fu, is not really a "self defense" art, they are fighting arts tweaked over many centuries to be most efficent at fighting and in that world you should be able to do as much damage necessary to defeat your opponent.

But in the real world you have to be restrained and not go too far. I personally think you did not go too far and hes learnt his lesson. But you could have been slightly more restrained then knife chopping his neck lol. Its a tough one to call.

But his parents should, to put it lightly, **** off because he was the one provoking violence, and is for that reason his own fault.

ReputationRep:
    well done for kicking his ass be proud of it and admit u did u might get in trouble but itll pass n ull be respected a bit more

he did bully u kind of just say that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lithium)
    But he really didn't. Seems to me like the OP REALLY over reacted. And if claims that the other dude tried to stab him, he might just be getting himself into deeper crap than he probably already is in
    Hmmm, I suppose you're right. It really depends on the nature of The Lunge, which is impossible for us to know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lithium)
    Jerk with a sharp bit of metal in hand. Sounds like pre-emptive self-defence to me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelkin)
    Hmmm, I suppose you're right. It really depends on the nature of The Lunge, which is impossible for us to know.
    I don't know either. Something really stinks about this whole thread. It's a legal issue, not an HnR one :p:

ReputationRep:
    I call shens.

However, you over reacted tbh ;D

ReputationRep:
    You were in the right. Threaten to sue him. Say you now have psychological damage. Get him to back off.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.