David Coulthard Watch

white_haired_wizard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I've almost finished reading his autobiography and i suppose i have mixed feelings about him as a personality, not sure what to think of him as a driver.

What are your feelings about him, his personality, his driving ability...
Untitled258
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I dont really have an opinion of him tbh, other then he seems to moan a fair bit but hes scotish so ill let him off, i think if micheal schumacher wasnt around he would or probably won a world championship, i also respect his decision to drive for red bull for the pay for points basis thing.
Jeev
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Didn't he suffer from bulimia?
PoisonDonna
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Jeev)
Didn't he suffer from bulimia?
Yes he did.

His autobio made me like him even more, mine's signed

I like him. He moans a fair bit and blames his bad results on every factor except himself (much like Jenson Button does every race) but I still love him and his big ol' square jaw. He's been a decent driver throughout his time, came so close to winning a WDC on a couple of occasions, but never quite there, probably because he existed in the Schumi era, or maybe because he never quite had that extra couple of percent needed to win it.

DC to go to BBC!
clozet
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
He has a square face. And my mum has a crush on him. Haaa.

Otherwise, I'm indifferent :p:
Bear_Grylls
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Quite like him, seems a decent enough guy
white_haired_wizard
Rep:
?
I've finished reading the book and he comes across better, after having read it all. Seems an OK bloke - kind of taken back by the content in the last couple or so chapters. He gets quite deep, personal, philosophical, prior to these chapters he seems to be a quite 'black and white' type personality, seems cold and clinical, emotionally...but the last few chapters counter this...

He's been successful but like you say, he was in a period when Schumacher was dominating and Mika was the favoured/No.1 driver at McClaren.

:confused:
castroneves
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
He moans too much about anything and everything
hannahhi
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've never read his autobiography, but he's a decent enough guy. Just a shame the only time we ever seem to hear from him his because he's done crap/retired from the race.
Apart from that Red Bull on a boat thing last weekend!
castroneves
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by PoisonDonna)

DC to go to BBC!
Please, please, please no!

Have Davo if hes not got another race seat or Damon....but not DC.
PoisonDonna
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by castroneves)
Please, please, please no!

Have Davo if hes not got another race seat or Damon....but not DC.
Damon and DC :teeth:

Nah I think he'd be good as the kind of thing Ryder does now, or maybe a gridwalk kind of thing, but I'd miss Martin's legendary gridwalks too much then.
Bear_Grylls
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Was it a good read? Might get it if it is :awesome:
PoisonDonna
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's decent if you've followed DC, probs worth a read, yuh.
vaanish
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
He seems like an ok guy, pretty good racer, not exceptional, he has had his chance to win a WDC, and didnt take it.
PoisonDonna
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Like it's been said, it's not that he didn't take it, more that he was number two driver and was racing schumi for most of his career, not a bad guy to come second to tbh.
white_haired_wizard
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bear_Grylls)
Was it a good read? Might get it if it is :awesome:
get it from a library, no need to buy it. I only have it because it was bought for me as a birthday present, it's probably a book i'd have borrowed from a library anyways.
Captain Biggles
Badges: 2
Report 10 years ago
Ha, my dad was his lecturer when he was doing his karting. He actually posed the ultimatum to DC: "Continue with the course or go karting".

I believe the rest is history. :p:
ba_ba1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by white_haired_wizard)
I've finished reading the book and he comes across better, after having read it all. Seems an OK bloke - kind of taken back by the content in the last couple or so chapters. He gets quite deep, personal, philosophical, prior to these chapters he seems to be a quite 'black and white' type personality, seems cold and clinical, emotionally...but the last few chapters counter this...

He's been successful but like you say, he was in a period when Schumacher was dominating and Mika was the favoured/No.1 driver at McClaren.

:confused:
Mika was never the number 1 driver Mclaren since Mclaren don't work that way.

DC had a championship winning car for a number for seasons having driven for both Williams and Mclaren yet he never even came close to the WDC.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (181)
27.47%
No (478)
72.53%

Watched Threads