Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It will most likely be second hand but how reliable would you say it is to purchase an electric guitar on ebay.

ReputationRep:
    Depends. If you're planning on buying a "brand" guitar (a Fender or Gibson), then you should be extremely careful, make sure that it is genuinely what it says it is. Check the serial number, carefully inspect the photos (shape of the headstock is usually a dead give away for a fake).

ReputationRep:
    If you're just looking for a cheap one be careful it's not too cheap. I've played people's £50 ebay guitars and they're horrible, the frets stick out ripping your hands to bits etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobbington)
    It will most likely be second hand but how reliable would you say it is to purchase an electric guitar on ebay.
    pm me a link and I'll tell you what I think about it

ReputationRep:
    There are a huge range of chinese fakes out there on Ebay. I wouldn't buy on ebay unless you have a specific guitar in mind.

You can't really buy a guitar without playing it and seeing how it feels and sounds, so for that reason I'd never just buy a guitar on Ebay.

ReputationRep:
    Im thinking of an Ibanez but I havent found any good ones on evay for a good price so far. So hearing voices, thanks for the offer but I havent found want that has caught eye yet .

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.