Twin#2
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I've got offers for the medicine program from Buckingham university and UCLan. I'm conflicted in choosing between them tho. Which is a better choice, considering all aspects of the unis?
Last edited by Twin#2; 4 weeks ago
Advertisement
Spencer Wells
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
This has to be a personal decision. Which do you prefer more? Medical school is a long slog, so think seriously about which place would be better for you to live in, commute around etc.
Kvishnu
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Twin#2)
I've got offers for the medicine program from Buckingham university and UCLan. I'm conflicted in choosing between them tho. Which is a better choice, considering all aspects of the unis?
Same confusion with me as well. What have you decided?
Advertisement
Twin#2
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kvishnu)
Same confusion with me as well. What have you decided?
I haven’t made a final decision yet but I’m leaning more towards Buckingham univeristy. They have smaller class sizes, which I prefer, it’s closer to big cities, and I like their placement structure more too.
Magician
Badges: 15
Report 4 weeks ago
I haven’t made a final decision yet but I’m leaning more towards Buckingham univeristy. They have smaller class sizes, which I prefer, it’s closer to big cities, and I like their placement structure more too.
Class size, teaching methods, methods of assessment and location are all important factors to consider.
Advertisement
Kvishnu
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
When is your deadline for making the decision ? Can I know where are you from?
Twin#2
Rep:
?
When is your deadline for making the decision ? Can I know where are you from?
The deadline for UCLan is in abt 2 weeks and for Buckingham in 6 weeks, but I need to decide by Monday so I can start the visa application process. I’m originally from Pakistan, what abt u? And what have u decided so far?
Advertisement
Kvishnu
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The deadline for UCLan is in abt 2 weeks and for Buckingham in 6 weeks, but I need to decide by Monday so I can start the visa application process. I’m originally from Pakistan
, what abt u? And what have u decided so far?
from India, mostly UCLAN
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The deadline for UCLan is in abt 2 weeks and for Buckingham in 6 weeks, but I need to decide by Monday so I can start the visa application process. I’m originally from Pakistan, what abt u? And what have u decided so far?
Buckingham is a shorter course - although its a small town you are near MK and Oxford. Any specific questions on the area?
Advertisement
Kvishnu
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Muttley79)
Buckingham is a shorter course - although its a small town you are near MK and Oxford. Any specific questions on the area?
Any idea about Preston?
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Any idea about Preston?
No, it's further north so will be colder and wetter ... never been there though.
Advertisement
Twin#2
Rep:
?
from India, mostly UCLAN
I see, what’s making you more inclined towards UCLan?
Twin#2
Rep:
?
Any idea on how facilities differ in the two?
Advertisement
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Any idea on how facilities differ in the two?
Preston is an industrialised town, much bigger than Buckingham - what sort of facilities?
Twin#2
Rep:
?
Preston is an industrialised town, much bigger than Buckingham - what sort of facilities?
Ohh I meant medical facilities at the unis
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Ohh I meant medical facilities at the unis
I have no idea - sorry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (83)
25.23%
Better than expected (70)
21.28%
Worse than expected (176)
53.5%

Watched Threads