Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I havnt even started my 1st year of uni yet, but was thinking of the possibility of having a car for my second year of uni? Is it really neccessary? Most likely I will be living in a shared house for second year of university and was thinking that it may be good to be able to drive?
    I have also got £10000 of trust fund money that can be used for university. My dad said use it for uni as in 3/4/5 years when I leave £10000 wont actually be worth much! I will also be getting maximum loans for everything as my households income is low, and I am planning on earning £50 a week from a part time job. So I will have a lot of money comapared to others lol! (Dont tell anyone!)

What are your views on this? Did you get a car for your second year (or subsequent years) and is it worth it?

ReputationRep:
    it can be handly if you live a distance from your uni, make it easier getting into uni and that, just have to watch out tha your not the taxi lol
    the cost of running a car is going to go up and up, your have to look at is that worst it against other forms,
    but its prob worth it, if you can drive go for it

ReputationRep:
    It can be handy, and nice to do a big shop and not have to lug it all home on the bus ... But you will need to watch your insurance, it'll probably be quite high anyway as you're young, but if you're living in a dodgy area (as a lot of 'student' areas are) then that can make the premium rocket.

ReputationRep:
    i drive and i plan on taking my car in my second year!! hopefully by then ill have bought a big car not this small one lol

ReputationRep:
    im taking my car in 1st 2nd 3rd year

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.