Year 12s turning 13, doesn’t it feel surreal?

Watch
Anonymousamie
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Maybe it’s just the fact that I just feel like a Year 11 student at most haha, but in seven or so weeks time we’ll be in Year 13 and that scares me so much. Not bragging, but my grades have been fairly high and consistent, so that’s not really why I’m fearful, but it’s more about learning basic life skills e.g. cooking at uni, money management, etc. UCAS has also been so overwhelming because I’m not that great with technology in the first place, so all these online open days stress me out. But yeah, I guess I’m wondering whether any other Year 12s feel as though this year is flying by and if you’re excited or anxious about summer...I would be excited, but we’ve been set a ton of work .
Squirmz
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’m more concerned about how the lockdown will affect our exams. It’s not fair for students who couldn’t learn during lockdown since even if they prolong the year, they’ll have had less time to learn.
OxMus
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Time flies.

In the grand scheme of things, you’ll be graduating university pretty soon.

Enjoy every moment.
WoAhHh1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It’s scary how fast it’s gone and it’s been alright but I’m just anxious bout uni the course I wanna do is rlly competitive and a lot of people from last years 13s will be deferring so I’m just hoping I get a place at where I wanna go.
username5322502
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
From a dude in year 13, i wish you all the best for your exams give it ur all , you've all come a long way
laurawatt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah it doesn’t feel like any time at all since the start of Y11 :eek:

Best of luck with your UCAS I really need to get on with my personal statement :shakecane:
OxMus
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by WoAhHh1)
It’s scary how fast it’s gone and it’s been alright but I’m just anxious bout uni the course I wanna do is rlly competitive and a lot of people from last years 13s will be deferring so I’m just hoping I get a place at where I wanna go.
That’s always the way (re growing up, exams/courses).

Give it your best shot, but never despair if life doesn’t go exactly to plan – it’s normally for the best in the end. Regroup and rethink.
Anonymousamie
Rep:
?
(Original post by astayuno)
From a dude in year 13, i wish you all the best for your exams give it ur all , you've all come a long way
Thank you Good luck on results day, hope you get what you’re wishing for!!
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Omg time flies so fast. I literally thought I would have time to catch up in the summer but it's nearly 6 weeks holiday. I'm anxious I'll get anything done in the summer
Anonymousamie
Rep:
?
(Original post by PetitePanda)
Omg time flies so fast. I literally thought I would have time to catch up in the summer but it's nearly 6 weeks holiday. I'm anxious I'll get anything done in the summer
Hey! Don’t worry, of course you’ll get things done, but make sure to relax when you feel like it too Completely agree about time flying by, part of me hopes the next two months go quickly because the summer holiday usually bores me after 2 weeks, but there’s also so much work to do and I’m avoiding Year 13 at all costs 😂
Hellohsjakodsmka
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I was literally just thinking about this a few days ago! Dudndokdkfkf it's already summer! I doubt I'll get any work done but there's sooo much to do ☹☹ and I need to start writing my personal statement 😔
Who else is having their exams in September?
Anonymousamie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hellohsjakodsmka)
I was literally just thinking about this a few days ago! Dudndokdkfkf it's already summer! I doubt I'll get any work done but there's sooo much to do ☹☹ and I need to start writing my personal statement 😔
Who else is having their exams in September?
Good luck! I’m sure you’ll get it all done, just take your time Starting the personal statement can be really stressful, but believe me, once the first sentence is done you’ll feel really passionate about applying and fly through it! Not sure yet, previous year 13s have always had mocks in December, so I’m hoping our school is nice and doesn’t make us do two sets with only a few months between them, but we’ll see!
dxvide
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymousamie)
Good luck! I’m sure you’ll get it all done, just take your time Starting the personal statement can be really stressful, but believe me, once the first sentence is done you’ll feel really passionate about applying and fly through it! Not sure yet, previous year 13s have always had mocks in December, so I’m hoping our school is nice and doesn’t make us do two sets with only a few months between them, but we’ll see!
This is soo true. I was so nervous to start writing the prsonal statement, but as soon as I started all the words flowed out.
renaamz
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by WoAhHh1)
hey, from what I've heard not that many people are actually deferring so that should not be a problem
moso2203
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Part of me just wants September to arrive school, get my routine back. Having six weeks for summer will be the same old boring stuff that I've done for the last three months. I miss having a routine and being productive. I miss the excitement of a new school year.

I also am quite excited about the university application. Even though I'm a socially anxious person, I feel like this is my chance to grab opportunities that are there for me (I'm applying to Camb)
Anonymousamie
Rep:
?
(Original post by moso2203)
Part of me just wants September to arrive school, get my routine back. Having six weeks for summer will be the same old boring stuff that I've done for the last three months. I miss having a routine and being productive. I miss the excitement of a new school year.

I also am quite excited about the university application. Even though I'm a socially anxious person, I feel like this is my chance to grab opportunities that are there for me (I'm applying to Camb)
Couldn’t have phrased it better myself! Wow amazing, good luck . I’m also socially anxious, but you should never let that hold you back (not that you are!) As important as it is to rest, I’m hoping the next six weeks are over before we know it because I love having a routine too.
rxyaltyx
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
dont remind me 😪
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (82)
25.08%
Better than expected (70)
21.41%
Worse than expected (175)
53.52%

Watched Threads