I got a 2:1 but my overall percentage is 59?

Watch
Ahmed11105
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
My results came out recently and it says that I got a 2:1, which confuses me because it says 59%, is there something I could be missing? Maybe they don't show decimals, so maybe it's actually 59.9% and they rounded it up? I'm not sure, but I'm not going to email them in case they decide to fix it if it IS a mistake.
CTLeafez
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
59 is more than likely to be included in your Uni’s borderline policy. This means if you’re very close to reaching the next classification up, the Uni will round your average up and award you the higher classification.
Ahmed11105
Rep:
?
Thank you for the quick response. I was worried that there might have been a mistake and that they would revoke the 2:1, but I guess it is possible that they just rounded it up.

(Original post by CTLeafez)
59 is more than likely to be included in your Uni’s borderline policy. This means if you’re very close to reaching the next classification up, the Uni will round your average up and award you the higher classification.
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ahmed11105)
My results came out recently and it says that I got a 2:1, which confuses me because it says 59%, is there something I could be missing? Maybe they don't show decimals, so maybe it's actually 59.9% and they rounded it up? I'm not sure, but I'm not going to email them in case they decide to fix it if it IS a mistake.
Could be a couple of things:
-Sometimes if your close (within 1 or 2 percent) and you have have 60+ credits at the higher classification they essentially give you the higher classification. (aka borderline case)

-Corona virus zero detriment policy

-you got 59.5% and the website reports the integer and classification is rounded.

Either way it doesn't matter, congrats on your 2.1!
Last edited by mnot; 1 year ago
Ahmed11105
Rep:
?
(Original post by mnot)
Could be a couple of things:
-Sometimes if your close (within 1 or 2 percent) and you have have 60+ credits at the higher classification they essentially give you the higher classification. (aka borderline case)

-Corona virus zero detriment policy

-you got 59.5% and the website reports the integer and classification is rounded.

Either way it doesn't matter, congrats on your 2.1!
Thank you so much! It could be any of those things and you're right, it doesn't matter in the end, thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (56)
28.72%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (15)
7.69%
No I am happy with my choice (108)
55.38%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (16)
8.21%

Watched Threads