jxzminxallen
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I’m in year 12 and wondering when I should start properly revising. I’m predicted ABC, I’m focusing on sociology and re as it’s the main subjects I’m good at and then english is just a ‘get’ like just try and get the c😂I’m a proper worrier so I’m always worrying about when to revise, I do bits and bobs atm but I always feel guilty when I’m not doing any work. If you’re in year 13, when did you start revising/what techniques/ for how long/ and what results did you get or are predicted (I also don’t know how to revise really I tend to try and look at exam questions) thank you

daveymcloughlin
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by jxzminxallen)
I’m in year 12 and wondering when I should start properly revising. I’m predicted ABC, I’m focusing on sociology and re as it’s the main subjects I’m good at and then english is just a ‘get’ like just try and get the c😂I’m a proper worrier so I’m always worrying about when to revise, I do bits and bobs atm but I always feel guilty when I’m not doing any work. If you’re in year 13, when did you start revising/what techniques/ for how long/ and what results did you get or are predicted (I also don’t know how to revise really I tend to try and look at exam questions) thank you
What do you mean by properly revising?
Last edited by daveymcloughlin; 3 weeks ago
laurawatt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by daveymcloughlin)
What do you mean by properly revising?
I guess doing a few hours of revision per day/putting more effort into revising
ichigomilk
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
i did english literature, sociology and psychology and never really revised properly, i would just look over my notes the night before mocks, maybe check out a few quizlet sets. i was pretty lazy, though i'm predicted AAA. i guess it's best to revise earlier but in small amounts. mind maps and flash cards seem to be the most popular methods so try those?
bambi1425
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
at the start of yr13 try revise yr12 content, maybe a subject a day for 40 minutes mainly focussing on problematic areas and try some dxam questions. as you get further to Christmas do those exam questions to death!! (this was my favourite way of revising) even if it's planning a long answer question! (especially for your subjects these are a big part of it I believe?)

I'm predicted BBB (I think??it's been so long XD) but was told I could get As if I kept revising how I was
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi, I moved your thread to a more relevant forum The early you revise, the better you are when it becomes closer to the exams. I recommend asking feedback from your teachers as they have seen your work before and have graded it to that standard so they know what you need to do to get the higher grades
jxzminxallen
Rep:
?
(Original post by ichigomilk)
i did english literature, sociology and psychology and never really revised properly, i would just look over my notes the night before mocks, maybe check out a few quizlet sets. i was pretty lazy, though i'm predicted AAA. i guess it's best to revise earlier but in small amounts. mind maps and flash cards seem to be the most popular methods so try those?
I’m quite lazy to my motivation lasts about a week😂but I’m determined to get good grades and also I’m soo bad with flash cards I just lose them💀
ichigomilk
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by jxzminxallen)
I’m quite lazy to my motivation lasts about a week😂but I’m determined to get good grades and also I’m soo bad with flash cards I just lose them💀
yeah i had the same problem, that's why i ended up using quizlet, because they're digital you don't have to worry about losing them
jxzminxallen
Rep:
?
(Original post by ichigomilk)
yeah i had the same problem, that's why i ended up using quizlet, because they're digital you don't have to worry about losing them
I make quizzes on Kahoot! For myself is that helpful?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (193)
33.22%
Receiving them online / by email (291)
50.09%
I still don't know (97)
16.7%

Watched Threads