Tom.Nook
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi all,

I thought it was worth posting as a warning to anyone looking for physiotherapy assistant/therapy assistant work - there is currently a job scam operating in London.

The company are using a few different names - Select Healthcare Recruitment, 2020 Recruitment Group, their website is www.selectrec.co.uk - tel. 020 7190 9897.

This company is using job search websites such as reed.co.uk to advertise healthcare assistant positions but don't specify which clinic/hospital you're applying for, just the area. You'll complete a telephone interview, after which they'll tell you they'd like to take you on, but you're required to complete a training course. They'll then ask you to pay for the course over the phone (usually £200-£240), needless to say there is no job or training course and they'll disappear with your money. They're currently being investigated but they're still operating, so please avoid at ALL COSTS. If you need any more info I'm happy to provide.

Stay safe out there - mad that people are preying on people searching for jobs in healthcare :K:

020 7190 9897020 7190 9897020 7190 9897
Kishi1999
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thank you very much for this post. I received the call 15 minutes ago and went through the same procedures as you. I was given a telephone interview and they asked me to attend a healthcare training course worth £240 at Nottinghill. Whilst I was on the phone with this woman named Caroline Hart, my mum was looking into the number and found this post. If you come into contact with this company, DO NOT give any personal information e.g. bank details, as they will con you. I am still trying to investigate which recruitment agency or website they got my CV and application from🤔😒
Tom.Nook
Rep:
?
Hi Kishi1999 - I'm so glad you managed to avoid this scam and that the post helped (I also spoke to Caroline Hart). I'd strongly advise reporting to Action Fraud at https://www.actionfraud.police.uk and with the Gov's insolvency service https://www.insolvencydirect.bis.gov...Complaint.aspx as the more people who report, the quicker they'll be shut down.

They've been banned from reed.co.uk but are just posting the same jobs via different websites now. The latest is this one:

https://www.cv-library.co.uk/job/212...medium=organic

Makes me so angry that these people are preying on people looking for healthcare jobs in the middle of a pandemic! :mad:
Tom.Nook
Rep:
?
Oh and with a bit more research they seem to be an extension of Aps Financial Ltd.

If you need any more convincing it's a scam - just google "Aps Financial Ltd"
Kishi1999
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi Tom.Nook, the job link you put up was the exact one I applied for. It is absolutely disgusting that they would do that. I got a call from them again and I asked them for a valid contract to try and out them...and well, they were unable to provide one. They were however very persuasive and can't imagine how many people they have scammed. I hope this company gets shut down and reported! Thanks again for all the help...I will definitely be reporting them on the websites you attached to this thread! :mad:
Last edited by Kishi1999; 3 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (60)
40.82%
Take autumn exams (53)
36.05%
Look for a job (3)
2.04%
Consider an apprenticeship (4)
2.72%
Take a year out (19)
12.93%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (8)
5.44%

Watched Threads