The Student Room Group

Job scam - Select Healthcare Recruitment

Hi all,

I thought it was worth posting as a warning to anyone looking for physiotherapy assistant/therapy assistant work - there is currently a job scam operating in London.

The company are using a few different names - Select Healthcare Recruitment, 2020 Recruitment Group, their website is www.selectrec.co.uk - tel. 020 7190 9897.

This company is using job search websites such as reed.co.uk to advertise healthcare assistant positions but don't specify which clinic/hospital you're applying for, just the area. You'll complete a telephone interview, after which they'll tell you they'd like to take you on, but you're required to complete a training course. They'll then ask you to pay for the course over the phone (usually £200-£240), needless to say there is no job or training course and they'll disappear with your money. They're currently being investigated but they're still operating, so please avoid at ALL COSTS. If you need any more info I'm happy to provide.

Stay safe out there - mad that people are preying on people searching for jobs in healthcare :K:

020 7190 9897020 7190 9897020 7190 9897
Thank you very much for this post. I received the call 15 minutes ago and went through the same procedures as you. I was given a telephone interview and they asked me to attend a healthcare training course worth £240 at Nottinghill. Whilst I was on the phone with this woman named Caroline Hart, my mum was looking into the number and found this post. If you come into contact with this company, DO NOT give any personal information e.g. bank details, as they will con you. I am still trying to investigate which recruitment agency or website they got my CV and application from🤔😒
Reply 2
Hi @Kishi1999 - I'm so glad you managed to avoid this scam and that the post helped (I also spoke to Caroline Hart). I'd strongly advise reporting to Action Fraud at https://www.actionfraud.police.uk and with the Gov's insolvency service https://www.insolvencydirect.bis.gov.uk/externalonlineforms/CompanyComplaint.aspx as the more people who report, the quicker they'll be shut down.

They've been banned from reed.co.uk but are just posting the same jobs via different websites now. The latest is this one:

https://www.cv-library.co.uk/job/212194714/Physiotheraphy-Assistant-upto-13-per-hour?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic

Makes me so angry that these people are preying on people looking for healthcare jobs in the middle of a pandemic! :mad:
Reply 3
Oh and with a bit more research they seem to be an extension of Aps Financial Ltd.

If you need any more convincing it's a scam - just google "Aps Financial Ltd" :colonhash:
Hi @Tom.Nook, the job link you put up was the exact one I applied for. It is absolutely disgusting that they would do that. I got a call from them again and I asked them for a valid contract to try and out them...and well, they were unable to provide one. They were however very persuasive and can't imagine how many people they have scammed. I hope this company gets shut down and reported! Thanks again for all the help...I will definitely be reporting them on the websites you attached to this thread! :mad:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5
Update: They've changed their number to 0207 0825501 - I'm assuming because it became easy to give their old number a quick google and see it was a scam. We see u Select Healthcare :hello:

Hi @Tom.Nook, Please tell me this isn't true?! I feel like such an idiot and have frozen my account
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Duncan.Hales
Hi @Tom.Nook, Please tell me this isn't true?! I feel like such an idiot and have frozen my account

It's true, sorry duuuuude. Hope you didn't send them too much £££ - was it a physio assistant job? Feel free to DM me if you wanna chat.
This is their new number *020 3880 7141‬I was almost scammed but luckily I read this thread and cancelled my bank card and let the bank know! But they’ve said all the same to me, I dealt with a guy called ADAM when you finally know what you’re looking for the scam is so obvious they were sending me to FLEET STREET for the training course and they stated I can pay the remaining in cash or card on the day however there will be a £15 fee for card, so obviously everyone is gonna wanna pay in cash Be careful !!! It was physiotherapy assistant job too
(edited 3 years ago)
Guys, the same thing happened to me...I applied to a job as a clinical support assistant through REED (the application only required to send my CV). Yesterday I got a call from someone called Adam Sanchez (020 3880 7141) who told me he was calling from SH Recruitment (the same company which seems to have advertised the job on REED) and that the call was about a Clinical Support Assistant job I had applied to on REED. He told me about this job giving me details of salary (14 pounds an hour) and he said that in order to do the interview I should have done a training course called CPR and Patient Handling which was required for the job. He said the training course was £ 199 plus £ 50 admin fee (to pay in advance) and that it would take place in Fleet Street. After that, an interview would take place. I got suspicious and told him I would call him back on Monday. The guy seemed very legit on the phone as he was telling me about the job, but I got suspicious when I checked that the same course was advertised at around £ 120 online and when I could not find his LinkedIn profile. A couple of hours later I sent an email to the address I found in the REED confirmation email when I applied for the job to ask him more questions, and realized that the address did not match the one on SH Recruitment website. I then looked up the phone number he called me from and discovered your thread, so thank you. Thank god I didn't give my bank details or anything, I am just a bit worried because my CV shows my home address. I don't think SH Recruitment is a scam but the guy uses their name when he calls, be careful!
Original post by starsilver96
Guys, the same thing happened to me...I applied to a job as a clinical support assistant through REED (the application only required to send my CV). Yesterday I got a call from someone called Adam Sanchez (020 3880 7141) who told me he was calling from SH Recruitment (the same company which seems to have advertised the job on REED) and that the call was about a Clinical Support Assistant job I had applied to on REED. He told me about this job giving me details of salary (14 pounds an hour) and he said that in order to do the interview I should have done a training course called CPR and Patient Handling which was required for the job. He said the training course was £ 199 plus £ 50 admin fee (to pay in advance) and that it would take place in Fleet Street. After that, an interview would take place. I got suspicious and told him I would call him back on Monday. The guy seemed very legit on the phone as he was telling me about the job, but I got suspicious when I checked that the same course was advertised at around £ 120 online and when I could not find his LinkedIn profile. A couple of hours later I sent an email to the address I found in the REED confirmation email when I applied for the job to ask him more questions, and realized that the address did not match the one on SH Recruitment website. I then looked up the phone number he called me from and discovered your thread, so thank you. Thank god I didn't give my bank details or anything, I am just a bit worried because my CV shows my home address. I don't think SH Recruitment is a scam but the guy uses their name when he calls, be careful!

Well done for listening to your gut feeling. Im currently liaising with the bank for my £50 that i sent over. Adam is very convincing, and im glad i never went to the training with the further 200, i was told from somebody on here that they do conduct actual training classes but the certificates and professionalism is so flimsy it deffo is not legit. but by that time its too late
Reply 11
Same thing happened to me . I just read all this thi gs on internet. I ve done the courses and i payed it. Eventualy they will send the certificates or anything? What we can do with this people?
Original post by Nikky93
Same thing happened to me . I just read all this thi gs on internet. I ve done the courses and i payed it. Eventualy they will send the certificates or anything? What we can do with this people?

Hello, the same thing happened to me. Would you be able to give me any information about your experience? Where you went that day, who was the trainer, who did you speak with to attend the event, how you paid for the course etc? I am trying to track these people down and any information you have would be really useful.

Original post by Riz Khan
Hello, the same thing happened to me. Would you be able to give me any information about your experience? Where you went that day, who was the trainer, who did you speak with to attend the event, how you paid for the course etc? I am trying to track these people down and any information you have would be really useful.
Reply 13
I just went on their website to see what they're up to nowadays and this is the message on the homepage:

"Select Healthcare is no longer trading.

If you have any outstanding certificates or have a change of address and they were misplaced in transit please use the form below.

We aim to respond in 7-14 days

Thank You
Management @ Select."

...lol
I went from the same ADAM to DJAZIA RAMIREZ who eventually "interviewed" me and requested my 16-digit card details over the phone to make payment for the 2 trainings. My card details! (suspicion no. 1). When I declined, she sent an email with bank transfer details. Then I asked for the name and address of the clinic, and the job details. She said she will send it later in the day after I pay the deposit to book me for the last slot the next working day. Why must I pay urgently? (suspicion no. 2). When I insisted I will look out for the details before I make payment, she asked me to call her back when I'm ready and hung up rudely. Why are you so pissed? (suspicion no. 3). After the call, I decided to check their email domain healthcarerecruiting.co.uk "Site Currently Unavailable" (Suspicion no. 4). Then I got online to check scam alert only to find this thread. They use a variety of names, "Healthcare Recruiting" in my case.

Thanks for raising the alarm. Be safe, guys.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by starsilver96

I went from the same ADAM to DJAZIA RAMIREZ who eventually "interviewed" me and requested my 16-digit card details over the phone to make payment for the 2 trainings. My card details! (suspicion no. 1). When I declined, she sent an email with bank transfer details. Then I asked for the name and address of the clinic, and the job details. She said she will send it later in the day after I pay the deposit to book me for the last slot the next working day. Why must I pay urgently? (suspicion no. 2). When I insisted I will look out for the details before I make payment, she asked me to call her back when I'm ready and hung up rudely. Why are you so pissed? (suspicion no. 3). After the call, I decided to check their email domain healthcarerecruiting.co.uk "Site Currently Unavailable" (Suspicion no. 4). Then I got online to check scam alert only to find this thread. They use a variety of names, "Healthcare Recruiting" in my case.

Thanks for raising the alarm. Be safe, guys.
Reply 16
Hi everyone. I feel like I have just experienced this today and event paid the £50 deposit. I dont know what to do as it seemed very legit? The persons name was DJAZIA RAMIREZ as well so I am freaking out even more. What should i do?
Original post by Hm N
Hi everyone. I feel like I have just experienced this today and event paid the £50 deposit. I dont know what to do as it seemed very legit? The persons name was DJAZIA RAMIREZ as well so I am freaking out even more. What should i do?

Ask them for a refund. If they are super dodgy about it then you have your answer.

If you paid by card, try charging it back with your bank if they refuse to refund you.
My daughter received an email from [email protected] also asked to do a one day training, which costs 240 dollars
Reply 19
Thank you for your reply. I tried calling them back and they have not picked up yet. I will try calling my bank too.

I am feeling so stupid as I really wanted the job and it seemed really legit - so does their website. Im not sure how this scamming is working if they also have a company registration number.

Latest

Trending

Trending