The Student Room Group

Slept with my housemate and now other housemate is threatening to move out

So me and my housemates recently moved into our new house for the next academic year and have been doing a few drinks and getting to know each other better. One night a couple of weeks ago we all got quite drunk and me and another of my housemates ended up sleeping together. It was only a one off thing and me and said housemate agreed that it wouldn’t happen again nor would it cause any awkwardness in the house. We also agreed to not tell any of our other housemates to prevent them feeling awkward as well. However our other housemates found out somehow, a couple of days ago, that we’d slept together. A couple of our housemates have taken extreme offence to this and are acting as though we slept together to make things awkward and spite them? They’re threatening to move out if we sleep together again and are very angry that we didn’t tell them and that we’ve broken the trust in our house by not doing so.

Are we really that in the wrong? Any advice?
Reply 1
Ngl, I think Id be pretty weirded out too if my housemates slept together.
You do you though.
(edited 3 years ago)
Wait for them to cool off. You are not obligated to tell housemates about your sex life - especially if it was just a one night stand.
Reply 3
Why does it matter to them, it's your personal life.
Your sex life is none of their business and it might be worth pointing out to them that nothing was awkward until they kicked off. Your house mates sound like pricks.
Sounds like an overreaction on their part but a stupid decision on yours
Meh, I can kinda see both sides

If I'd just moved into somewhere with a bunch of strangers and two of them instantly shacked up i'd likely move straight back out as couples + flatshares are utter nightmares. In every instance i've seen the couple start acting up, either dramatically breaking up and stinking the place out or throwing their weight around with the others.

On the other hand, a random shag isn't the same as shacking up with someone and isn't really anyone else's business, is this one of the others that had intentions for either of you reacting out of jealously and keeping the drama going?
Original post by jackwright556
So me and my housemates recently moved into our new house for the next academic year and have been doing a few drinks and getting to know each other better. One night a couple of weeks ago we all got quite drunk and me and another of my housemates ended up sleeping together. It was only a one off thing and me and said housemate agreed that it wouldn’t happen again nor would it cause any awkwardness in the house. We also agreed to not tell any of our other housemates to prevent them feeling awkward as well. However our other housemates found out somehow, a couple of days ago, that we’d slept together. A couple of our housemates have taken extreme offence to this and are acting as though we slept together to make things awkward and spite them? They’re threatening to move out if we sleep together again and are very angry that we didn’t tell them and that we’ve broken the trust in our house by not doing so.

Are we really that in the wrong? Any advice?

Why don't you just move out and allow your housemates to remain, you never should have seduced him.
I feel weird because I legit wouldn't care? How's that their problem? You two are adults (I presume lol) and everyone was consenting. I honestly don't see a problem?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending