The Student Room Group

I want a boyfriend :(

I am 16 years old and I have absolutely no experience with guys that if one shows any interest in me I turn into a clumsy fool. Like yesterday, I was on the train and this guy kept smiling at me, and even though I smiled (only once) it probably came out as a 'omg why are you even looking at me' kinda smile.

So what I'm really ask is, how do I approach guys?
Reply 1
Just be yourself. I know that might seem hard but it really is your best option. Maybe a shy smile or catching their eye and then try to get them to come over to you and then when you talk to them be as outwardly flirty as you feel comfortable and try and let them see the sort of person you are :smile:
Reply 2
Anonymous
I am 16 years old and I have absolutely no experience with guys that if one shows any interest in me I turn into a clumsy fool. Like yesterday, I was on the train and this guy kept smiling at me, and even though I smiled (only once) it probably came out as a 'omg why are you even looking at me' kinda smile.

Although I like to stand out with my advice :p: I am going to have to repeat what has been said. Be yourself. There's no use in acting up a character that you think is cooler. Faked and acted up characters are miserable and eventually fall apart. Be yourself, and sooner or later you'll be loving it.

First thing is first: learn to like yourself, and come to realize that being yourself is the probably the best "self" you could be :smile:

Oh, and btw (and this is not a flirt:p:) I for one, find shy girls attractive as do many other guys I know :smile:

Reply 3
Very silently, and then have your way with them.
and I want 3 girlfriends but we cant have everything we want in life right?
Reply 5
Lithium usually gives pretty sound advice.

But in the short term, here's what you can do -

Start a new thread - titled: I want a boyfriend competition.

1) Post a picture of yourself
2) Get boys to post pictures of themselves and where they'd take you on the first date

You pick the best one.

Sorted.
Reply 6
Whilst I'm sure the advice given is useful, I think the major factor here is lack of confidence - or perhaps a heightened fear of rejection. There isn't a magic cure (apart from the booze) for lack of confidence in that department, I suffer exactly the same - but hope it is an affliction which deteriorates with age.
I'll be your boyfriend :wink:
Anonymous

your 16 who cares have fun with your mates, if you still havent kissed a guy by 21/22 ish then maybe start to worry a little and get some mates to teach u how to flirt

for now enjoy life
You're 16, thinking on the grandscale of things, I wouldn't put much weight on not having a boyfriend right now, or any experience. Don't feel under pressure to have one.

So, I guess my advice is just to concentrate on having new experiences and enjoying the company of new people, and if a relationship comes from it, so be it, if not, you've made a new friend :smile:
Reply 10
I want a girlfriend, how coincidental!

Maybe someone should go out with me.
hi nicolepickle

just be yourself. try not to think about it too much, and eventually you'll meet someone :h:
Reply 12
Hmm It appears everyone wants a Boyfriend nowadays =| Maybe it's the fact that it's the boring section of the summer holidays =]
Ed.
Whilst I'm sure the advice given is useful, I think the major factor here is lack of confidence - or perhaps a heightened fear of rejection. There isn't a magic cure (apart from the booze) for lack of confidence in that department, I suffer exactly the same - but hope it is an affliction which deteriorates with age.

I think at 16 also, your priorities and pressures run along having a boyfriend/girlfriend, looking good etc. It's a youth thing I think, more then anything.

P.S. I seem to be getting myself in alot of arguments lately (TSR :rolleyes:), so, just as a precaution, I'm adding on to your point, not saying your wrong. :smile:
Reply 14
See if there are any boyfriends available on ebay - they sell a lot of different things.
Reply 15
allieRAWR!
I think at 16 also, your priorities and pressures run along having a boyfriend/girlfriend, looking good etc. It's a youth thing I think, more then anything.

P.S. I seem to be getting myself in alot of arguments lately (TSR :rolleyes:), so, just as a precaution, I'm adding on to your point, not saying your wrong. :smile:

:yep:

(As for getting into arguments, there are people who just come on here and kick off about little things - don't worry about it - :biggrin:)
How come there's two of the same thread?

This summer I've realised that there's been a lot of break ups. Isn't that saying something? Stay single.
Sorry guys but I actually posted this thread before I posted the one with my identity, I didnt realise this one had gone threw and that i had misued the use of anon since this is not personal or anything so i didnt expect the mods to put it through x|

Latest

Trending

Trending