duskendale
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello everyone,I'm starting sixth form in September and I'm having a lot of difficulty choosing my a levels. So far I have them written down as English Literature, French, Psychology and Politics However, as I am doing the transition work for politics, I am finding it kind of boring and I really don't want to be bored with it for two years! The good points of politics are that it has two very very good teachers teaching it.As a result, I'm debating taking Classical civilisation instead of politics, and I was wondering which one is generally seen as better. I have a gcse in classics so some prior experience, but I don't want it to be a more 'stressful' subject than politics. I want to either study English lit, psychology or law at uni
Yas031119
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i think politics would be more respected idk
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Don't do politics if you find it boring - however, you might enjoy it the lesson part of it (I didn't enjoy maths transition work but I enjoyed it when I went to yr 12). They are both respected and none is better than the other. http://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Un...ns-Information - One example where both are looked as a preferred subject (Few unis care about subject combinations as long as you have the required A level). Research what classical civilisation is like and see what you enjoy more than politics - you can always switch before the specific deadline to switch. For English Lit, you'll be fine as they only want English lit as a required subject. For Psychology BA, you'll be fine but for Bsc, you need to research as most require one science which you have but some require two science. For Law, you'll be fine for both English Law and Scottish Law
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
you might find the content you learn in school much more enjoyable than the transition work. classic civilisation and politics i think are seen as pretty much equal but i wouldn't be worrying about this as your subject combination is fine whatever you take. a levels are stressful in general, you can't avoid it :laugh:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (264)
40.18%
Take autumn exams (197)
29.98%
Look for a job (22)
3.35%
Consider an apprenticeship (25)
3.81%
Take a year out (110)
16.74%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (39)
5.94%

Watched Threads