Calculation methodology for prior study score
- Total score of a maximum of the best 3 A Level subject examinations taken within two years*.
- Two AS level subjects can be counted in place of one A level subject, provided that the subject has not been taken at A level, and there is at least one A level subject included in the calculation.
- AS Level results cannot be used to replace a poor performance in an A Level subject.
- Score A Level grades as follows: A*(a*) = 5, A(a) = 5, B(b) = 4, C(c) = 3, D(d) = 2, E(e) = 1, U = 0.
- Score AS Level grades as follows: a(a) =2.5, b(b) =2, c(c) =1.5, d(d) =1, e(e) =0.5, U = 0.
- N (Narrow failure) & U (Unclassified) not to be included in the calculation.
- A maximum of 1 bonus point is offered when achieving A* in an A Level Subject.
I hope this helps you 😄