The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anonymous
when you are poor it is very Difficult.

Lol you are wrong
I love this thread! It makes me all nostalgic about being a teenager (yes, at the age of 21 Im clearly ghandi-chic.. old, withered and wise).
But seriously, Id say 90% of people feel like this around your age. Relationships at this time of your life are all shiny & new, and so everyone thinks that you absolutely have to be in one, otherwise you'll die alone and have no friends! But luckily, isnt the case! :p:
You just need to try and see the bigger picture. Now is the absolute best time to be single, and will probably be the time of your life you will remember the most when you're old and wrinkly!
Just imagine if you met a guy at 16 and got married, and 10 years down the road wouldnt you feel just a little bit of regret knowing that you missed out on doing loads of stuff that you are too old to get away with now? I know I would!
Reply 102
I know itll probably have been said but youre only 16...I hadnt had a boyfriend when I was 19, and pretty much no interest apart from drunken things which I dont think count...

Just dont seem desperate to get a boyfriend, or end up in a relationship just because you want to say you have a boyfriend rather than cos you properly like the person...
Reply 103
Just be feminine and the guys will come. Also remember most guys your age will be a bit shy (I was), hence you can always go up to them and ask for the time or opinion on something.
i was 21 when i had my first boyfriend and i went to a co-ed school and uni.
i prefer quality over quantity, personally.
Anonymous
I'm saying really ugly people don't have a chance :frown:

:biggrin: yes. right. ugly people don't have a chance - that's why jade goody has 2 kids, right?
Amree
DEFINATELY AVOID MUSICIANS! No good will ever come of it.
[Speaking as a gal who has an unfortunate weakness for musicians and artistic types :P]

me too :frown: it's tragic really, how much a good neglected shag haircut and a guitar/pen and pad/ paintbrush/ struggling genius who is awake at four in the morning smoking and drinking espresso can melt the panties off me.

i'm married to a poet. go figure. :rolleyes:
MEN ARE PARASITIC.. KEEP AWAY!!! I talk from experience...

ENJOY YOUR FREEDOM.. lol

Hahahahahahhahaha
petite_chaperon_rose
MEN ARE PARASITIC.. KEEP AWAY!!! I talk from experience...

ENJOY YOUR FREEDOM.. lol

Hahahahahahhahaha

bad experience with a man
or are you a ladys lady

tsr is probably full of peoples like you, otherwise what the hell would they be doing on tsr
when there are other things to be done....:yep:
Reply 109
I find the best way is to NOT show them that you fancy them, just approach getting to know the person like you would any stranger/acquaintence, do it so you seemingly just want to be friends and then once you know them, hopefully you will connect well and something will develop from there

Latest

Trending

Trending