Scroll to see replies

This sub- forum makes me laugh.

So I don't get warned, I'd say 17.56 weeks. :colondollar:
Reply 2
3.28 weeks.

Get off TSR and squat.
between 10 and 16 weeks?
Reply 4
What the hell, that's like 4 replies and no actual answers. Just because I ain't a macho man like you guys benching 100kg or whatever. A guys gotta start somewhere.
Reply 5
i would say about 4/5 months. if you push yourself to the limit then maybe 2/3 months. also depends what supplements your taking, creatine for example.
Reply 6
I would say start by posting things that aren't going to wind up other people. You'll get proper replies then.
Reply 7
James_90
I have just started training this week and am lifting 8kgs right now, how many weeks would it take me to get up to 16kgs if I had the right diet?

No trolls/flames/haters/homos

There is no real answer to this question. We are all different. You could be lucky and be lifting 16kg in weeks or it could take months.

The best way to improve strength is maximal training. Find the weight you can lift 3 times before you think your arm will drop off, do this 3 times a week and in time strength will improve. When you find this easy increase the weight.

If you are doing more reps strength improvement will take longer as high reps defines muscles rather than makes them stronger.

Simple but effective
Can't you just do 8kg twice? :dumbells: :colondollar:
Reply 9
MuseValheru
There is no real answer to this question. We are all different. You could be lucky and be lifting 16kg in weeks or it could take months.

The best way to improve strength is maximal training. Find the weight you can lift 3 times before you think your arm will drop off, do this 3 times a week and in time strength will improve. When you find this easy increase the weight.

If you are doing more reps strength improvement will take longer as high reps defines muscles rather than makes them stronger.

Simple but effective

Thanks mate.
You shouldn't have said no trolls... :colone:
squat, deadlift, and row for a while

then try again in a few months :smile:
Just do real lifts until you've forgotten what you could curl, then curl what you can and call it a PB. That's what I did. I like to think I've made progress on my curls but I have no f'ing clue.
Reply 13
I've never heard of a program based around linear bicep burl progression.

OP, bicep curls alone are not going to do much at all, except make you better at bicep curls. You could spend your time so much more efficiently.
OP: When you go to the gym, are bicep curls all that you do??
Reply 15
Hold on, are you only doing bicep curls as your training?

If so, you probably want to think less about how much time you need to be curling for until you reach 16k, and more about fitting in the other necessary parts of the workout.
Reply 16
^^ What Bebbs said.

8kg. You sound new to weight training?

Biceps are a very small muscle, you should be improving your legs, chest, back, shoulders and core first if your new to the gym. Worry about your biceps later, no one gives a **** how much you curl, start by doing squats, deadlifts, bench, shoulder presses, rows and perhaps do a few curls on the side if you really are bothered about how much you curl.
someone should try and adapt smolov squat to bicep curls lol
Reply 18
You'll be able to curl 16kg without doing any bicep curls after about 3 months of proper lifting
Reply 19
LPK
I would say start by posting things that aren't going to wind up other people. You'll get proper replies then.

Wahey, a mod on the fitness side for once

Latest