The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

solo2wolf take some maturity tips - thats how you should put it across!
Anyway,fair point and I am working on my PS (its ok at the moment bit just trying to better it), done quite a bit of w/e (my last block of shadowing finishes tomorrow), reference should be good too, predicted grades should b e fine but the main prob is the BMAT. I'll work on that though!
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
and to who ever negged me -
my response:i'd like to see him try!

very pathetic!
Medicine Man
*wanders if you're just plain stupid*
just wait and see
test me!
its not a just a threat, its a warning of whats heading your way you skinny twig! I won't need to tell you when I'm there, trust me, you'll notice it!
You're a ****ed up guy aren't you! :rofl:
And please don't bother replying or quoting me, quite honestly, you're a waste of time! You're draining the life out of me! :yep: Mutha Fuka

I'm making you a nice video.
Reply 43
Rotfl
Reply 44
My section 1 let me down - one of my friends did loads of practice from other books, gradually decreasing his time limit and ended up getting 7.9 on section 1. So even though they say you can't practise it, it's definitely possible.
thanks
i've got one book to help me but i'm not sure if thats enough - any reccomendations?
solo2wolf

yeah
you do that! :rolleyes:
Reply 47
solo2wolf

Videos are cool. Whats this one about?
I shall now begin to construct my philosophical and altruistic argument for establishing the sanity of said member 'Mecine Man'.

Dear audience follow me in this literary exercise where I quote the primate, along with his curious mishaps (and possibly misfortunes?), and establish why the subject has so grossly enlarged testosterone levels - consequently fueling the sudden bursts of discourteous, ill-mannered, ungracious and ungentlemanly behaviour.

Dear reader before we embark upon the chore assigned lets pray that the subject deals with his rage, possibly through anger management, or that he never ever becomes an MD for that would be much to the detriment of his patients.

medicine man

^^for 2008 entry - he's starting this october!

Anecdotal evidence does not diverge the whole pool of applicants from your sorry excuse for an academic friend who could not muster better grade. Apply thy logic and the statement will follow.

medicine man

My sisters was a few years back so point taken there, but you are forgetting that some 5th yr students are asked to be on the interview panel and so have an idea of what they might want - you're not the only inspiration on here! She also got an ABBD offer - now you're right that offers like this are very rare these days, but you're not the one picking applicants so please don't pretend like you have an idea of whether I will get in or not - i simply asked if my grades were fine (a simple yes or no answer) and if module grades had to be written down - not for your interpretation on the meaning of life!!! THeres still the damn BMAT to sit too!!

5th year students have little influence over admissions tutor but to offer their opinions. You will find that this approach is summed up in 'strength in numbers' i.e. a fairer picture can be painted of an applicants academic ability if he is assessed by more than 1-2 people.

Solo2Wolf is the only person who has given you an honest answer, do not bite the hand that feeds you. You would do well in not attacking the people who offer you honest advice.

Also rest in mind this is only the beginning of my rhetoric - you, of all people, are in dire need of it.

medicine man

I appreciate your comments so don't get me wrong! and also appreciate the fact you applied recently but just don't be so arrrrrrrghghhhggh!!!!!!Besides, why do you seem to think you know the entire system so well? You're not an admissions tutor (so you can't "assure me it wouldn't happen today"), and you won't know what calibre of applicants there are this year and who they are looking for specifically!

Clearly you do no appreciate them neither are you particularly good at handling criticism. I assure you if you try to insult; yours truly -> me you will get an answer back that will strip you of all your dignity and pride and dwarf your being in comparison to mine.

Knowing requires research, research requires reading. Reading can be accomplished by 'googling'. If you instead tried to search for the relevant knowledge you seek rather than making an ego-boosting thread I assure you that you would be much happier.

medicine man

You know what, just you being so god damn pessimistic is spurring me to apply, get in and shake your hand when i meet you! Therefore, teaching you an important lesson of optimism! Don't confuse pessimism for reality because it isn't the case here!

I fail to see the relevance of said lesson when an MD has to posses the virtue of humility - something which you clearly lack.

No one is confusing pessimism for reality, rather using statistical data i.e. the common scientific approach, you stand an abysmally small chance of gaining a place - it can be compared to a lottery if you will

You are not clever enough to invent proper rhetoric so don't.

medicine man

funny how that was my 666th post!!
EVIL ONE!
No hard feelings though

Dear reader note how the subject is trying to impose on use the notion that he is in some way the reincarnation of Lucifer, again referring back to my theory of insanity.

medicine man

mate
don't get it twisted
you're a sad little boy with a probably disturbing and unispiring childhood! Don't go just go jusging me - i won't stoop to your level! This nasty attitude will get you no where - a btit patronising considering i'm younger than you but that just shows your unsophisticated mentality
rot in hell mate

An aspiring doctor should know better than to patronise his compatriots, it is exceedingly rude and will not go down well with the board of admissions tutors (that is should you get an interview which I highly doubt).

This is a case of a student who has gone through the admissions process albeit for a different course who is advising an applicant on his success or lack thereof in applying to Imperial College. You will note that the subject is being markedly incoherent in his manners and condescending to the aide. The subject has clearly not understood his place in the whole dilemma, again referring back to my theory of dementia.

medicine man

you really are a **** aren't you!
if thats what you really thought why did you contribute to the thread in the first place.
**** yourself mate

This, dear colleagues, is where we see the apex of the subjects intolerant behaviour. Refer to previous comments and passages about said condition of the subject.

On a side note might one add that the contribution was a retort to the questionable intent of creating a thread which soul purpose was to egg on the ego of the subject? A despicable act if there were any seeking security in others advice when there is none to be found.

medicine man

Why are you trying to turn everyone against me - you're just sad! And please do thake that to heart!
With regards to me wanting to boast about my grades just rre-read what you said! Cocky bastard! Its all a front and it very transparent - you not seeing it youself just proves how smart you think you really are!

Clearly, again, the subject has not understood that he himself, single handedly completed the chore of turning an entire forum against him. The transparency of his hypocrisies is for all to be seen.

medicine man

*wanders if you're just plain stupid*
just wait and see
test me!
its not a just a threat, its a warning of whats heading your way you skinny twig! I won't need to tell you when I'm there, trust me, you'll notice it!
You're a ****ed up guy aren't you!
And please don't bother replying or quoting me, quite honestly, you're a waste of time! You're draining the life out of me! Mutha Fuka

One now wonders if testosterone is not popping out of the ears of the subject. Clearly the subject is not fit for purpose in terms of MD. Note that he has neglected all intelligence and has stooped down to a level that is even lower than that of Soviet Communists. A remarkable feat really.

Thus one has to sum up the following exercise as this: The subject suffers from a severe case of hebetudinous which is defined as "Lacking mental and physical alertness and activity.". One cannot offer another diagnosis that fits the symptoms so well as this one neither is no more than fair to class it as 'severe'.

Please dear colleagues if you have any valuable inputs share them with us.
wow
that was loooong!!!!
besides, just so you know, I wasn't trying to boast about grades. Like many other applicants applying this year, i wanted to know if I stood a chance if my module grades had to be put on the form- if i were to be boasting, it'll be something along the line of simply coming on, stating my flawless UMS scores (which I know i don't have) and then stupidly ask, "is it worth a shot?".
THats not what I did; i merely wanted to know if module grades had to be written on your form as I'd failed a few modules. Originally, posts were helpful; either stating it was, it wasn't or they weren't sure! I didn't want an evaluation of whether or not I am fit to practice!
THen it all went bezerk - i was wrongly accused of trying to be arrogant; i know doctors aren't meant to be arrogant and as an aspiring one i wouldn't want to give the impression I was probably due to some misuderstanding.
Personal jibes IMO are just wrong! I admit i did personally attack but i was angry at the thought of being called arrongant so i went wild. But then again thats my natural instinct, whether its wrong or right is not for anyone to judge!
With regards to getting statistical, i wasn't saying that the fact that my mate got in this year meant that i would too - all i was trying to do was state that it is possible so in a sense, having someone tell you don't bother applying because you won't get in is quite honestly uninspiring. It's almost like telling a pateint, theres no cure for a disease you have becaue 95% of sufferes die, so lets just tell you the facts and leave you to die (not as drastic, but you get the drift).
I won't attack this time, simply because i'll be mature and take that like an adult - your personl opinion is fine, but man do you have a lot of time on your hands!
Medicine Man
and to who ever negged me -
my response:i'd like to see him try!

very pathetic!

Haha how easily did you fall for that!It was me who neg repped you lol. "wow you got issues. btw solo would kill you". And there would be no trying, I simply would if I so wished. I would barely have to think about it or exert myself at all. There is no question, you would be my bitch. Now, I can hardly believe I did this and it does show some insecurity on my part but whatever I don't take it too seriously and it will be useful in the future as internet badasses are all too common. So here is the nice little video I made just for you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pnuAQ3uWZo
lol, so yeah, I'd kill you.
i'm literally sitting down with popcorn and reading this thread...quality entertainment.
great stuff
Medicine Man
great stuff

yo dude, did ya see the video

are ya scared? are ya?!
not particularly, sorry!
if i was scared of that, i wouldn't be able to walk down my road at night! If seen much more than that.
Form the bits I saw he was cool, no doubt, but no i'm not scared in anyway! :yep:
solo2wolf
Haha how easily did you fall for that!It was me who neg repped you lol. "wow you got issues. btw solo would kill you". And there would be no trying, I simply would if I so wished. I would barely have to think about it or exert myself at all. There is no question, you would be my bitch. Now, I can hardly believe I did this and it does show some insecurity on my part but whatever I don't take it too seriously and it will be useful in the future as internet badasses are all too common. So here is the nice little video I made just for you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pnuAQ3uWZo
lol, so yeah, I'd kill you.

Ohh dear you are quite skinny I must admit. Do not distress I shall accompany you to the masculine sections of the work-out facilities and you shall prosper amongst the gods.
Master Polhem
Ohh dear you are quite skinny I must admit. Do not distress I shall accompany you to the masculine sections of the work-out facilities and you shall prosper amongst the gods.

hehe perhaps one day I shall rival your masculine greatness. One can dream :wink: . Still I am skinny because of my diet and training. I stick exactly to my fighting weight. I would be 170ibs easily within a year if I ate more protein and did less cardio.

You may be interested to know I am talking to a MIT and Harvard educated PhD in genetics and some form of physics. Did his undergad at Georgia Tech in Electrical Eng. Pretty feckin sweet. One of his best friends was a physics doctorate from Imperial too. Guys met 20+ nobel laureates! hes basically telling me everything about one of the lives I want to lead, ill tell you all about him if youre interested some time. thought ya might appreciate the amazing opportunity it is.
solo2wolf
hehe perhaps one day I shall rival your masculine greatness. One can dream :wink: . Still I am skinny because of my diet and training. I stick exactly to my fighting weight. I would be 170ibs easily within a year if I ate more protein and did less cardio.

You may be interested to know I am talking to a MIT and Harvard educated PhD in genetics and some form of physics. Did his undergad at Georgia Tech in Electrical Eng. Pretty feckin sweet. One of his best friends was a physics doctorate from Imperial too. Guys met 20+ nobel laureates! hes basically telling me everything about one of the lives I want to lead, ill tell you all about him if youre interested some time. thought ya might appreciate the amazing opportunity it is.

Sounds like an excellent plan! What hall are you in?
lool Dude now Medicine Man make a video and post it. If anything its funny how you stopped swearing. Good stuff from both of you...funny as hell.

If you ever do get to imperial i would kill to see you 2 fight. lol.

Latest

Trending

Trending