Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King4eva)
    it isnt easy to move out these days with the financial situation this country is in
    thats a ****ing joke, I work 3 days a week at morrisons and I have enough money to live on my own.

rent is like 350£ a month and i can easily afford to be living here for the next few months before i go to uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chooka)
    Prehaps not deserved, but he had it comming.
    People like you are the reason our justice system is ****ed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chooka)
    Its was probably born out of the fathers fustration that his 24 year old kid was still at home, and by the sounds of it had no job. I think most parents would be fustrated that their kid is currently not doing anything with their life and is still leeching off their parents.
    I still live with my parents at 23, as does my twin brother, my elder brother of 25 and my 27 year old sister. No one is frustrated here except us kids. We live in London and my parents know it's stupid to leave home to rent and save pennies a month, when we can give them a little 'rent' (or mostly nothing at all) and save up to BUY our own homes. My twin and I are in uni and this summer was the first time in 4 years we have had no jobs (stupid credit crunch!), while my older siblings have worked full or part time almost constantly since they were 17-ish, yet here we are, all at home. 80% of the people I know around my age who live in London, still live with their parents. :dontknow:

There's no reason whatsoever for this guy's father to be hitting him over dropped biscuits, unless he has mental problems.

Edit. I keep saying parents. My mum passed away 3 weeks ago...it still doesn't seem real.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    Edit. I keep saying parents. My mum passed away 3 weeks ago...it still doesn't seem real.
    Aww, I'm sorry to hear that :hugs:

At least, having lived at home all your life, you got to see her and spend time with her a lot. And you all seem to have done well which must have made her proud. Some consolation, I guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Totally Tom)
    thats a ****ing joke, I work 3 days a week at morrisons and I have enough money to live on my own.

rent is like 350£ a month and i can easily afford to be living here for the next few months before i go to uni.
    London's a bit different though. If you don't want to live in a shack, have a car and/or need to travel a lot (my sister's travelcard alone is about £120 a month and that's not all London zones), want holidays, a social-life, Arsenal tickets etc. it's easier to live a home until you can afford to buy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punktopia)
    People like you are the reason our justice system is ****ed.
    Is cause of me? why, cause i think that at 24, most people should of moved out of their house? and if they dont then something might happen to them. Our justice system is pretty bad in my view anyway.

EskimoJo, your circumstance is understandable. London is expensive. With 2 people at uni its fair enough to say you havent totally moved out by then. Your bro n sis have got full time jobs, not easy to move i imagine. And by the sounds of it, if need be yes, they could move out and find a place to rent, but it makes sence from what you have said that they should stay at home. however, he said that he couldnt find another place. which indicated towards no job or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, a lot of well paid graduates who work in london have to live with parents, a decent place near central london is extremely expensive so it's the only way unless you want to be communting 40 miles a day.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 27, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.