What are your thoughts?

Blueclueless
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Red Grape)
What are your thoughts?

Well he is racist 🤷🏻*♀️ somebody who makes any sort of discriminatory comment shouldn’t be in power
Red Grape
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Blueclueless)
Well he is racist 🤷🏻*♀️ somebody who makes any sort of discriminatory comment shouldn’t be in power
True.
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What was the discriminatory comment he made?
Blueclueless
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
What was the discriminatory comment he made?
An incomplete list

Called gay people “bum boys in tank tops”
Called black people “Nigerians with watermelon smiles”
Said “if you vote for me your wife will grow large boobs”
Said Muslim women look like “letterboxes or bank rovers”

Not word for word but if you google it you’ll find it and more

These are all things he’s refused to apologise for btw so it’s not just a matter of “ItS iN tHe PaSt”
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Sooo everybody? Find me a single person who hasnt made an uncouth remark.
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
An incomplete list

These are all things he’s refused to apologise for btw so it’s not just a matter of “ItS iN tHe PaSt”
Is that racist though? Or is it just derogatory and not the kind of language we would expect of a Prime Minister?
oscarjames2005
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'd call him blatantly and unapologetically racist, it is clear he views people that are different to him are viewed by him as inferior, and he thinks he has the right to say anything about anyone, I don't know why we are even having this discussion, it just gives Johnson more of a platform to stand on, hopefully he isn't far from the early grave in which he belongs....
Blueclueless
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
Is that racist though? Or is it just derogatory and not the kind of language we would expect of a Prime Minister?
Uh yeah it is racist? The whole watermelon smile thing has a backstory if you google it and he’s said more
Blueclueless
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
Sooo everybody? Find me a single person who hasnt made an uncouth remark.
Me 😂 if you’re out here saying “everybody’s said something racist, sexist, or homophobic and refused to apologise or acknowledge it was wrong!!”That’s not a great message to put out there bro
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Me 😂 if you’re out here saying “everybody’s said something racist, sexist, or homophobic and refused to apologise or acknowledge it was wrong!!”That’s not a great message to put out there bro
Yeah sure you havent :rolleyes:
I'm not especially concerned with the optics of it, it is merely a fact of life. People say unpleasant things to each other. I imagine you will learn this truism as you get older.
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by oscarjames2005)
I'd call him blatantly and unapologetically racist, it is clear he views people that are different to him are viewed by him as inferior, and he thinks he has the right to say anything about anyone, I don't know why we are even having this discussion, it just gives Johnson more of a platform to stand on, hopefully he isn't far from the early grave in which he belongs....
Remind me how you're any better than the supposed 'unreconstructed racist' when you're wishing death on people? As far as the scale of douchebaggery goes, i'm afraid your remarks seem to pip his.
Nabu123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Sunak is obviously just on the cabinet so the conservatives can point to him and say look how racist we're not. Hes a token and he knows it. He obviously has no respect for himself if he'll proudly be the shield for racists. Hes just power hungry.
Blueclueless
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
I'm not especially concerned with the optics of it, it is merely a fact of life. People say unpleasant things to each other. I imagine you will learn this truism as you get older.
You have a mildly concerning outlook on life, I was raised properly and to know what’s wrong to say. (Also the whole “you’ll learn when your older” is killing me lmao 😂😂) you don’t have to try and sound condescending my guy.

If you’ve dealt with that sort of thing a lot in your life do you want to talk about it? It sounds rough as hell to deal with
Nabu123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
So you're saying it's okay to be racist cause everyone does it. Sure we all do ignorant things when were kids but when you're a grown arse man and still have such disgusting views its unacceptable and we shouldnt just brush it off.
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You have a mildly concerning outlook on life, I was raised properly and to know what’s wrong to say. (Also the whole “you’ll learn when your older” is killing me lmao 😂😂) you don’t have to try and sound condescending my guy.

If you’ve dealt with that sort of thing a lot in your life do you want to talk about it? It sounds rough as hell to deal with
You're older... If you're going to try and quote me don't mangle it.

Well if you don't understand how life works, hey :lol:

Very good trolling.
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Nabu123)
So you're saying it's okay to be racist cause everyone does it. Sure we all do ignorant things when were kids but when you're a grown arse man and still have such disgusting views its unacceptable and we shouldnt just brush it off.
I don't recall saying that, would you kindly point out exactly where i said this :rolleyes:.

You'll forgive me for not putting much stock in what a quasi shock jock news paper man has to say, especially a politician where the point of them is to say remarks that gain air time. I mean, what he said was obviously offensive and he shouldnt have said it but in the grand scheme of things, his remarks seem rather middling.
Blueclueless
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
You're older... If you're going to try and quote me don't mangle it.

Well if you don't understand how life works, hey :lol:

Very good trolling.
Not trolling my guy, you sure you don’t want to talk about it? It sounds like a really troubling way to grow up in the world
Burton Bridge
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
An incomplete list

Those are not racist things, they just inappropriate things for a PM to say.

You need to look at context also.
Blueclueless
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
Those are not racist things, they just inappropriate things for a PM to say.

You need to look at context also.
Name:  447D5A84-4916-49F1-B656-1FCB370571A8.jpg.jpeg
Views: 15
Size:  24.8 KB

Here’s a quick bount of context for you but if you google you can find more
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (191)
33.45%
Receiving them online / by email (286)
50.09%
I still don't know (94)
16.46%

Watched Threads