The Student Room Group

Which university should I study psychology at

I am able to go in for my bachelor's degree in psychology at Northumbria University, UWE Bristol or Bangor University. I am currently leaning towards UWE as I have a close friend there. However, the psychology course rankings for NU and Bangor are way higher. Does course ranking matter a lot in psychology (I plan to do my maters) and what is UWE like?
have you looked at the different modules each university offers? maybe one of them has more modules that you like/are interested in or modules that are related to the masters degree you want to take.
Course rankings don’t matter too much (unless they’re consistently ranked as one of the worst in the country) so don’t use them as the only deciding factor in which uni you pick. You could also look at the rates of employability for each university for psychology if you’re planning on getting a job in that field later on.
Reply 2
Original post by tacobeth
have you looked at the different modules each university offers? maybe one of them has more modules that you like/are interested in or modules that are related to the masters degree you want to take.
Course rankings don’t matter too much (unless they’re consistently ranked as one of the worst in the country) so don’t use them as the only deciding factor in which uni you pick. You could also look at the rates of employability for each university for psychology if you’re planning on getting a job in that field later on.

I see thank you very much. I am not from the UK so I'm not sure if employability rates apply very much in my case. But I'll take your advice and weigh out other factors out of ranking!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest