The Student Room Group

Indianapolis Woman Shot and Killed After Black Lives Matter Argument

(I've had to use NTD News as a source because I cannot access FOX 59)

https://www.ntd.com/indianapolis-woman-shot-and-killed-after-blm-argument_484098.html

An Indianapolis woman was shot and killed along the canal on Sunday, July 5, after an argument broke out over Black Lives Matter, according to multiple reports.

According to WTHR, the woman, Jessica Doty Whitaker, was with her fiance, Jose Ramirez, when she was shot on the canal. Fox 59 reported that this was the second homicide that occurred on the canal within a week.

Ramirez said that they were walking along the canal at 3 a.m. on Sunday when the two of them got into an argument regarding Black Lives Matter with another group of people—four men and a woman, WTHR reported.

Ramirez further said that during the argument, one of the people in the other group pulled out a gun, and he did, as well, but the argument soon de-escalated, and the two groups were able to talk it out.

According to Whitaker's fiancé, Ramirez claimed she had said 'All lives matter' in response to a member of the other group saying 'Black Lives Matter'.

Whitaker was shot at three times, including once in the head, and succumbed to her injuries upon arrival at a hospital.

-----------------------------------------

it's a really tragic state of affairs that has led a 3-year old boy to be motherless, simply because of words being said.

In no way am I posting this thread to undermine Black Lives Matter, it's just horrific to hear someone being killed for simply saying something.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Occitanie
(I've had to use NTD News as a source because I cannot access FOX 59)

https://www.ntd.com/indianapolis-woman-shot-and-killed-after-blm-argument_484098.html

An Indianapolis woman was shot and killed along the canal on Sunday, July 5, after an argument broke out over Black Lives Matter, according to multiple reports.

According to WTHR, the woman, Jessica Doty Whitaker, was with her fiance, Jose Ramirez, when she was shot on the canal. Fox 59 reported that this was the second homicide that occurred on the canal within a week.

Ramirez said that they were walking along the canal at 3 a.m. on Sunday when the two of them got into an argument regarding Black Lives Matter with another group of people—four men and a woman, WTHR reported.

Ramirez further said that during the argument, one of the people in the other group pulled out a gun, and he did, as well, but the argument soon de-escalated, and the two groups were able to talk it out.

According to Whitaker's fiancé, Ramirez claimed she had said 'All lives matter' in response to a member of the other group saying 'Black Lives Matter'.

Whitaker was shot at three times, including once in the head, and succumbed to her injuries upon arrival at a hospital.

-----------------------------------------

it's a really tragic state of affairs that has led a 3-year old boy to be motherless, simply because of words being said.

In no way am I posting this thread to undermine Black Lives Matter, it's just horrific to hear someone being killed for simply saying something.

RIGHT-CENTER BIAS

These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.

Overall, we rate NTD TV Right-Center biased based on editorial positions that favor the right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to a lack of transparency with ownership and a failed fact check.

(Ran NTD though a media bias checker https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/ntd-tv-new-tang-dynasty/ )

Also the people who argued with her for confronting them and the person who shot her have not been confirmed as part of the group, only assumed

Also no offence you should def not use Fox as a news source it’s not reliable
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Blueclueless
RIGHT-CENTER BIAS

These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.

Overall, we rate NTD TV Right-Center biased based on editorial positions that favor the right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to a lack of transparency with ownership and a failed fact check.

(Ran NTD though a media bias checker https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/ntd-tv-new-tang-dynasty/ )

Also the people who argued with her for confronting them and the person who shot her have not been confirmed as part of the group, only assumed

Also no offence you should def not use Fox as a news source it’s not reliable

OK, that's great, but do you have any kind of response to what happened?
OK, that's great, but do you have any kind of response to what happened?

Since there isn’t any accurate story on it all I can say is I’m sorry for their loss
Completely unconfirmed, however strong rumours circulating that she simply said 'All Lives Matter' and then was killed for that.

one of the people in the other group pulled out a gun, and he did, as well

This explains a lot about what is wrong with America.
Reply 6
Original post by Trotsky's Ghost
This explains a lot about what is wrong with America.

I agree, but can you also understand that if guns were banned, criminals would continue to use them?
I agree, but can you also understand that if guns were banned, criminals would continue to use them?

As it is in this country? Completely agree. The issue in this country is that you cannot premeditatedly defend yourself.
(edited 3 years ago)

It is not simply a case of banning guns. America's problems with guns are routed in their cultural attitude towards them.

Sadly this is far more difficult to solve that simply through legislation.
Reply 9
Original post by imlikeahermit
As it is in this country? Completely agree. The issue in this country is that you cannot premeditatedly defend yourself.

As in the US. The vast majority of law-abiding gun holders in the US are just that, and don’t kill for “pleasure”.

Trouble with the US is that there are 1) too many guns, and 2) too many criminals with guns... amongst other things, I’m sure.

Take the guns away from law-abiding citizens 1)Is against the amendment 2)Criminals won’t care
Reply 10
Rather flies in the face of the rubbish we're ordered to believe that blm are not but nice people crusading for justice :rolleyes:
Reply 11
US is ****ed.

But there are many (Democrats) who want it that way.

Look at it this way.

US just had a pretty harsh lockdown that has devasted the economy, made it so many people can't pay rent and small businesses destroyed.

They opened up.

A week or so later Covid19 is back again! shut down.

Sweden didn't have much of a lockdown, and its death rates have fallen to almost nothing.

The problem is the more deaths they will be pinned on Trump. The economy being destroyed will be Trumps fault. You simply cannot win with these people.

Btw whoever is in charge of NY, they actually sent recovering elderly back to carehomes where its thought to have caused the mass carehome deaths. Most covid19 deaths are of old people.

One conspriacy is they're happy about this, which is why they've pushed support for BLM so much.

Want to attend your grandmas funeral? you cant. Attend a violent BLM rally? please do!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 12

Which is why places like the UK, Australia, Japan and Germany have similar rates of death and injury by firearm as the US.
Oh...
Reply 13

Studies show that if you keep a gun in the home, you are four times more likely to be shot than someone who doesn't.
So much for "guns for self defence".
Them pesky little facts, eh?
Reply 14
Take the guns away from law-abiding citizens 1)Is against the amendment

The clue is in the name here - the 2nd amendment. Just amend the Constitution again.

(I actually heard an American gun nut once argue that the 2nd amendment can never be removed "because ya cain't change the Constitooshun!")
Reply 15
Original post by Napp
Rather flies in the face of the rubbish we're ordered to believe that blm are not but nice people crusading for justice :rolleyes:

Yes. How dare they expect you to oppose institutionalised and systemic violent racist oppression! It's abusing your human ****ing rights!! Don't these people realise where they'd be without us giving them a leg up??!!?? Ungrateful little shits.
Watch the language reported by different media outlets. The SJW Mirror claims she "yelled" All Lives Matter. This is to make her look like the bad guy, not the victim.
Reply 17
Original post by QE2
Which is why places like the UK, Australia, Japan and Germany have similar rates of death and injury by firearm as the US.
Oh...

Do those countries have similar amounts of guns, both registered and unregistered, than the US?
Oh...

A gun can only kill, it cannot do anything else. Its doesn't make the owner safer it puts them more at risk!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by QE2
The clue is in the name here - the 2nd amendment. Just amend the Constitution again.

(I actually heard an American gun nut once argue that the 2nd amendment can never be removed "because ya cain't change the Constitooshun!")

Lol! Its ridiculous when you think about it, isnt it?

I dont know how many lives will be brought to an premature end before Americans get the light bulb moment of looking overseas at countries that don't have such issues......because they have less firearms....boom rocket science :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending