Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im from Plymouth and will be moving to Roehampton Uni in Sept and studying Computing/Web Design. I cant wait!

Hopefully will be staying at Lee House. Anyone else hoping to get into Lee House?

Also does anyone know where there are good venues for gigs near Roehampton? if not i guess its just a 25min or so bus journey into central London and I'm sorted :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somecoolusername)
    Im from Plymouth and will be moving to Roehampton Uni in Sept and studying Computing/Web Design. I cant wait!

Hopefully will be staying at Lee House. Anyone else hoping to get into Lee House?

Also does anyone know where there are good venues for gigs near Roehampton? if not i guess its just a 25min or so bus journey into central London and I'm sorted :P
    I'm typing this very message from the comfort of a Lee house room
    Kingston has a few nice places, but mostly you will have to venture into London
    Hope you enjoy it here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 023529)
    Ive just accepted Roehampton's offer as my firm to do Primary Teaching
    so have i
    i really like the look of the uni, it's so pretty!

ReputationRep:
    Yehh I'll be going, and i think theres ALOT of people who will be hoping to get into Lee House lol, god knows how they decide who actually gets to be in there...I'll be studying creative writing and English lit...well loooking forward to it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baker1)
    Was the campus hard to get to? as heard it doesnt have a tube station. They might do, that would make the decision easier if they do.

flowermaster91 - Have you seen the campus before and is it your frim choice?
    The nearest tube station to Roehampton is probably East Putney - which is the district line according to my local knowledge.

Should be a half hour walk from the station to the uni.

ReputationRep:
    does any1 know if you can take the 414 bus there and then get off at putney bridge to another bus?

ReputationRep:
    never mind,yes i can lol

ReputationRep:
    i miss roehampton.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emily123:))
    so have i
    i really like the look of the uni, it's so pretty!
    me too bring on september :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowermaster91)
    does any1 know if you can take the 414 bus there and then get off at putney bridge to another bus?
    The 414 bus from where?
    The best way to get from the uni to Putney Bridge is the 72

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeautifullyTragic)
    The 414 bus from where?
    The best way to get from the uni to Putney Bridge is the 72
    oh from where i live i have to take 2 buses, i havnt got the 72 bus in my area

ReputationRep:
    the 414 takes you to putney bridge too but thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jgatt1991)
    Hey! I think I'm gna go Roehampton... I'm not entirely sure- i'm going on the next open day next week, but its between Exeter or Roehampton... I hate makin decisions I'm doing theology and religious studies and classical studies (mouthfull! lol) and i rele hope that the department is good coz i think I'm probz goin to go there anyway
    i'm doin classical studies too! exeter is comparably beautiful...campus wise. i applied ther too after gettin my grades but no luck, c'est la vie. have applied for shaw house, cant wait!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Roehampton to do English language with Criminology. Anyone know if there are any good sports facilities nearby???....I'm quite a keen swimmer
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    There are leisure centres with pools in Putney and Kingston - the 85 bus stops right near the Kingston one.

ReputationRep:
    when i went there first i had NO IDEA about it being in the middle of the biggest high rise council estate in europe,it was such a shock ,and of course being my luck i had to be at whitelands right in the middle of the high rise jungle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bansheeee*)
    when i went there first i had NO IDEA about it being in the middle of the biggest high rise council estate in europe,it was such a shock ,and of course being my luck i had to be at whitelands right in the middle of the high rise jungle
    Yeah...it's not so bad as long as you're sensible though, no wandering round on your own at 4am or anything lol. I'm in a house next to Whitelands next year so will be an experience!

ReputationRep:
    IT's seriously not that bad in Roehampton. I lived in Whitelands for two years and there was never any real trouble, and pretty much none that involved students. I moved over to South East London after my degree and many of the estates there are real holes compared to Roehampton, and genuinely are places where you wouldn't go out at night. Seriously, Roehampton is a *very* tame area, as long as you use a bit of common sense as to where you go and when you go there - as you should when you live anywhere. It's not the most attractive place and a lot of the locals look like neandertals, but trust me, it's not a bad place to live. I'd MUCH rather live there than in some of places where the halls for the other London based universities are.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what Lee House is like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingdom90210)
    Does anyone know what Lee House is like?
    I live there, it was only built in 2004 so it's one of the newest on campus. The rooms are spacious and the kitchen huge with a nice seating area. 8-9 people per flat. The en suites are nice, and if you're lucky enough (like me) to have a disabled room then the en suites are huge with a double shower

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 18, 2017

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.