Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm really excited too

ReputationRep:
    hi ive just accepted roehamton as my firm for sports and exercise science, and ts based around the whitelands collge area. unfortunately i missed out the last open day because i had an exam so im going to have to ask what is accomidation like there. please can i have truthful answers and please dont big it up, cheers

ReputationRep:
    I am going to do Film from september. Really looking forward to it! I have never been there, missed the open days too, so now I am waiting for some spare moment to go there and look around!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by janman)
    hi ive just accepted roehamton as my firm for sports and exercise science, and ts based around the whitelands collge area. unfortunately i missed out the last open day because i had an exam so im going to have to ask what is accomidation like there. please can i have truthful answers and please dont big it up, cheers
    The Whitelands accommodation is some of the nicest and newest on campus (it's about five years old now). Basically all of the rooms are pretty much the same, a reasonably sized room with a single bed, bedside cabinet, desk, shelves and a sort of wardrobe affair with shelving in the middle. All of the rooms are en-suite, and you get a kind of 'wet-room' with a loo, shower and sink. The accommodation is divided up into flats of between six and ten people, and in each flat you have a big kitchen/social room, with cooking facilites, fridges, cupboards, a dining table and some easy chairs. It is actually really nice there. There are some really massive disabled rooms but unless you're lucky, you won't get one of those. There's also a laundry in the basement, and you have access to the computer rooms in Whitelands until fairly late, should you need them.

In terms of the area, the Whitelands campus is just on the edge of the Alton estate at the bottom of the hill in Roehampton. Some of it's ugly, but I honestly never found it to be a bad area. In a way, you're more fortunate than the students on the main campus because you're closer to all of the shops on Danebury Avenue. I haven't been back for a while now but there used to be a Co-op, a Greggs, a post office, a chip-shop and a couple of other places (chemist etc). There's also a few shops on Roehampton High Street (takeways etc) and there used to be a small Sainsbury's at the garage. It's also handy for the buses to Kingston and Putney.

ReputationRep:
    ive picked roehampton as my 1st uni to do business management. any1 know if the teaching quality is gd in this subject or any other info? thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paeony)
    The Whitelands accommodation is some of the nicest and newest on campus (it's about five years old now). Basically all of the rooms are pretty much the same, a reasonably sized room with a single bed, bedside cabinet, desk, shelves and a sort of wardrobe affair with shelving in the middle. All of the rooms are en-suite, and you get a kind of 'wet-room' with a loo, shower and sink. The accommodation is divided up into flats of between six and ten people, and in each flat you have a big kitchen/social room, with cooking facilites, fridges, cupboards, a dining table and some easy chairs. It is actually really nice there. There are some really massive disabled rooms but unless you're lucky, you won't get one of those. There's also a laundry in the basement, and you have access to the computer rooms in Whitelands until fairly late, should you need them.

In terms of the area, the Whitelands campus is just on the edge of the Alton estate at the bottom of the hill in Roehampton. Some of it's ugly, but I honestly never found it to be a bad area. In a way, you're more fortunate than the students on the main campus because you're closer to all of the shops on Danebury Avenue. I haven't been back for a while now but there used to be a Co-op, a Greggs, a post office, a chip-shop and a couple of other places (chemist etc). There's also a few shops on Roehampton High Street (takeways etc) and there used to be a small Sainsbury's at the garage. It's also handy for the buses to Kingston and Putney.
    thanks alot! that really helped!

ReputationRep:
    Flowermaster...CHUCK BASS! :O Best character of all time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FilthyYouth)
    Flowermaster...CHUCK BASS! :O Best character of all time.
    :awesome: i know!

ReputationRep:
    So hai! I'm just heading into my third year of uni as well and figured id share some links on here that may be of some use! (They are all facebook ones :P)

So the big roehoe group; http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10294933956 lots of people in here always pretty useful!

then we have a group for whitelands people; http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/gr...4457579&ref=ts (I study at whitelands, but as I am a southlands boy at heart im obliged to say they suck and are rubbish :p:)

finally we got the southlands group!; http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...9027120&ref=ts (this is the best group, Southlands for life!)

I dont actually know if their are specific groups for digby or froebel freshers i think they just congregate around the roehampton group! Definetly worth joining your relevant groups though Maybe you will be able to find some of your roommates before you move in!

Oh also good luck on your exam results!

ReputationRep:
    woooppp! got in! anyone else going roehampton?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowermaster91)
    woooppp! got in! anyone else going roehampton?
    Meeee!! We should be getting the registeration pack soon enough. Can't wait!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoenix287)
    :woo: :woo: :woo: nether can I!! so excited

ReputationRep:
    what course are you going to study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowermaster91)
    what course are you going to study?
    I'm going to be taking English literature. I got a friend whose going to be taking the same course as you I think!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be taking English literature. I got a friend whose going to be taking the same course as you I think!
    awesome

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! I'm going to Roehampton to study History Anyone else doing History?

ReputationRep:
    i wish this was in a roehampton sub forum

ReputationRep:
    Wooo Primary Ed for me

ReputationRep:
    i got in too! YAY! did any1 else get a letter from ucas saying u have to email roehampton uni? ive sent my email now b4 i forget! lol

its exciting stuff!! well done every1!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirsty007)
    i got in too! YAY! did any1 else get a letter from ucas saying u have to email roehampton uni? ive sent my email now b4 i forget! lol

its exciting stuff!! well done every1!
    yeah, I got that as well but the strange thing is I got it almost 3 weeks ago :confused:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 18, 2017

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.