YasminAl
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I am having trouble choosing between an level 3 apprenticeship or a FdSc (like an foundation degree) this is for veterinary nursing. The FdSc is equivalent to an level 4 apprenticeship. But I would most likely need to study a different course to get in as my courses at the moment arnt right. My big concern is that people might not employ me with my apprenticeship. Any advice on which I should choose
iracundus
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by YasminAl)
I am having trouble choosing between an level 3 apprenticeship or a FdSc (like an foundation degree) this is for veterinary nursing. The FdSc is equivalent to an level 4 apprenticeship. But I would most likely need to study a different course to get in as my courses at the moment arnt right. My big concern is that people might not employ me with my apprenticeship. Any advice on which I should choose
If you do an apprenticeship in vet nursing that will make u employable in that industry for sure as you will also have hands on expierence of the subject so if you feel that is the most viable option for you I don’t see why not. In a lot of industries apprenticeships are just as good as a degree
YasminAl
Rep:
?
(Original post by iracundus)
If you do an apprenticeship in vet nursing that will make u employable in that industry for sure as you will also have hands on expierence of the subject so if you feel that is the most viable option for you I don’t see why not. In a lot of industries apprenticeships are just as good as a degree
Thank you
Chris2892
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I’ve completed 4 apprenticeships (intermediate, advanced, higher, and degree).

Apprenticeships are a contracted agreement between the employer, apprenticeship provider, and the student to train you to a specific level of competence. This is assessed at the end of your apprenticeship externally.

If you did a vet nursing apprenticeship, you would complete it as competent vet nurse. So yes, you would be employable as a qualified vet nurse with x number of years experience.
YasminAl
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chris2892)
I’ve completed 4 apprenticeships (intermediate, advanced, higher, and degree).

Apprenticeships are a contracted agreement between the employer, apprenticeship provider, and the student to train you to a specific level of competence. This is assessed at the end of your apprenticeship externally.

If you did a vet nursing apprenticeship, you would complete it as competent vet nurse. So yes, you would be employable as a qualified vet nurse with x number of years experience.
thanks for the infomation
National Careers Service
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by YasminAl)
A level 3 apprenticeship is really common in this field and is what a lot of employers will expect people to have done. With the apprenticeship it'll make you more employable because you'll have the work experience to go alongside the qualification. Once you've got the level 3 and some experience, that would give you the option of going on to do a full degree later on. A foundation degree will also be valuable, especially if it involves placements - employers really value actual work experience, especially in such a hands-on job.
YasminAl
Rep:
?
(Original post by National Careers Service)
A level 3 apprenticeship is really common in this field and is what a lot of employers will expect people to have done. With the apprenticeship it'll make you more employable because you'll have the work experience to go alongside the qualification. Once you've got the level 3 and some experience, that would give you the option of going on to do a full degree later on. A foundation degree will also be valuable, especially if it involves placements - employers really value actual work experience, especially in such a hands-on job.
So either one is good, thanks for the advice really helped
Last edited by YasminAl; 6 months ago
YasminAl
Rep:
?
Would you know if a the foundation degree pays more than the apprenticeship
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (45)
17.51%
No one else does (81)
31.52%
I'm embarrassed about my background (28)
10.89%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (87)
33.85%
We don't use a video platform (4)
1.56%
I don't have a camera (6)
2.33%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
2.33%

Watched Threads