Politics Essay: would appreciate any tips or guidance :)

Watch
xavana.studies
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I've been given a summer project to complete an essay, titled: 'assuming that you had voted in the 2019 General Election... which party would you have voted for and why?'

Although I have an answer, with many supporting points, I am struggling to keep this essay under 800 words! I would appreciate any advice about how to structure the essay, as there is so much content that I would like to discuss but such a limited word count

Thanks for reading this far down, any help would be appreciated as I'm a Class A procrastinator and make tasks way more complicated than they are
LegalTom
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Your introduction

Give a brief overview of the political parties in the uk

Have a brief discussion on the candidate for the party in question and why you think they’d be the best candidate.
Discuss briefly your preferred political party and why you joined the party

Outline and discuss the points in the party’s manifesto that influenced your decision to vote and why have decided to choose them over other party’s

Draw your conclusions.
xavana.studies
Rep:
?
(Original post by LegalTom)
Your introduction

Give a brief overview of the political parties in the uk

Have a brief discussion on the candidate for the party in question and why you think they’d be the best candidate.
Discuss briefly your preferred political party and why you joined the party

Outline and discuss the points in the party’s manifesto that influenced your decision to vote and why have decided to choose them over other party’s

Draw your conclusions.
Thank you for this, I have another quick question if you don't mind!
Do you think it would be a good idea to discuss the flaws of other parties to emphasise my own point, or is that an unnecessary addition?
Thanks for the help, I'll move on to the plan soon
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by xavana.studies)
Thank you for this, I have another quick question if you don't mind!
Do you think it would be a good idea to discuss the flaws of other parties to emphasise my own point, or is that an unnecessary addition?
Thanks for the help, I'll move on to the plan soon
You could just put the main policies you disagree with, so if you objected say to the Lib Dem policy of cancelling Brexit without a referendum, briefly explain why.
xavana.studies
Rep:
?
(Original post by barnetlad)
You could just put the main policies you disagree with, so if you objected say to the Lib Dem policy of cancelling Brexit without a referendum, briefly explain why.
Great, thanks for the help! This has really clarified the task for me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (80)
25%
Better than expected (67)
20.94%
Worse than expected (173)
54.06%

Watched Threads