The Student Room Group

A level English literature coursework help!!!

I need help with deciding my question for my coursework. I have decided on The great gatsby but I'm not too sure on whether to compare it to 'death of a salesman' or 'the sun also rises' although I'm open to other book suggestions ass well. I also need help with my coursework question as I really don't know what to write my essay about. Someone please help I'm desperate!
Original post by She_hopes
I need help with deciding my question for my coursework. I have decided on The great gatsby but I'm not too sure on whether to compare it to 'death of a salesman' or 'the sun also rises' although I'm open to other book suggestions ass well. I also need help with my coursework question as I really don't know what to write my essay about. Someone please help I'm desperate!

I'd suggest you come up with a topic before you start picking texts. What do you like about "Gatsby"? Is there a particular theme you are interested in exploring? Think about what you are interested in writing about, and then I can suggest some good texts for you.
Reply 2
Original post by She_hopes

Are you sure you're OK doing 'Gatsby' for your NEA? Depending on the exam board you're studying with, you might not be allowed to. (It's potentially the same with 'Death of a Salesman'.) You'll likely need to include a text written pre-1900 for this part of the A level, too. Otherwise, what is it about the Fitzgerald text that catches your interest? Is it to do with character, themes ...? Let me know, and we can have another think. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending