I'm not allowed to have my phone in my room at night 🙄

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Like I'm 18 years old fgs 😂
Every night before bed I have to put my phone on the mantelpiece in te living room. It's not like my parents check my phone or suspicious or anything but it just annoys me like why???!!!

Sometimes I do have my days where I just dont bother, and they forget about it. But how do I convince them that they should allow me to have it upstairs ???

And please tell me I'm not the only one 😭😭😭😭
username2908878
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
That does seem v over bearing when you’re 18 years old but tbh it’s probably actually a good thing to have no distractions at night time tbh x
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Every night before bed I have to put my phone on the mantelpiece in te living room. It's not like my parents check my phone or suspicious or anything but it just annoys me like why???!!!

Sometimes I do have my days where I just dont bother, and they forget about it. But how do I convince them that they should allow me to have it upstairs ???

Just leave it on the mantlepiece until everyone is in bed, then sneak down and take it back. Your parents are probably doing it so you can have a peaceful sleep, but it is your possession, so you choose what to do with it
RaA64
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You’re 18, so you’re an adult - you don’t have to listen to them mate
Fermion.
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Just don’t do it for a few days and see what they say. They might even get over it.
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Their house, their rules. If you dont like it, you can move out :dontknow:
Anonymous #3
Report 3 weeks ago
loool deffo brown
Anonymous #1
Just leave it on the mantlepiece until everyone is in bed, then sneak down and take it back. Your parents are probably doing it so you can have a peaceful sleep, but it is your possession, so you choose what to do with it
Yeah deffo, I so have peaceful nights ngl.
And we have a burglary alarm that we set every night haha so I cant
Anonymous #1
loool deffo brown
Well done 🤧😂
SnowMiku
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The whole phone thing could be for multiple reasons. Getting better sleep being one of them
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
Yeah deffo, I so have peaceful nights ngl.
And we have a burglary alarm that we set every night haha so I cant
Well in that case, you'll have to live without it at nights. Maybe, ask your parents if you can take it upstairs. Otherwise, just move elsewhere.
khadijaaaxxxx
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

absolutely peak mate
Hoodlum123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

I do that every night of my own volition
RaA64
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Just take it upstairs it’s holidays man
Anonymous #4
Report 3 weeks ago
I don't even have one... I'm 17
Anonymous #1
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
Their house, their rules. If you dont like it, you can move out :dontknow:
That's the only harsh rule they impose on me otherwise I'm happy.
I'd move out when I find a man and I'm financially stable, they're quite protective
Kk1999
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

you aren't though its not a rule for me.. I myself keep it away!
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

Sit down with your parents and discuss it. Explain to them that you're an adult and if you want to have your phone at night you should be able to. Do they pay for your phone? Your parents should be able to have a reasonable chat with you about it and explain why they have this rule.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Sit down with your parents and discuss it. Explain to them that you're an adult and if you want to have your phone at night you should be able to. Do they pay for your phone? Your parents should be able to have a reasonable chat with you about it and explain why they have this rule.
I have asked why, they said it's a bad habit and whatnot. And yes they do pay for it.
Unless they can check my screen time ? And thenntheyd allow me
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I have asked why, they said it's a bad habit and whatnot. And yes they do pay for it.
Unless they can check my screen time ? And thenntheyd allow me
You should pay for it instead and then it would be yours to use how you wish.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (197)
39.01%
Take autumn exams (153)
30.3%
Look for a job (17)
3.37%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.16%
Take a year out (87)
17.23%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
5.94%

Watched Threads