Talk to Uni of Bristol Students

Watch this thread
sellingpetrl
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello,
I'm currently in year 12, and have been thinking about going to the University of Bristol in 2021 to study Film and Television.

I'm just wondering if any current students could tell me about how they find living and studying Bristol as a whole. Stuff like what accomodation you think is the best, what student life is like (night life, the student union, living in Bristol, the costs, what your experience has been like) and if you do study Film and Television, what do you think about the course?

Thank you! (I'm sure you can all understand the stress of researching and choosing what universities to apply to)
TiffSlade
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Hi,

I am a bristol uni student. I commute in though so I can't tell you about accommodation. The nightlife is okay. There are a lot of places to try out and the students union is very active. They provide a lot of events for you to go to and even more during freshers so you will have lots to be involved in. The campus is quite spread out it can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes to walk between and you can get a bit lost to start with so definitely go on the campus tours and google maps can help as it does have the uni building on it. There are loads of uni cafes and stuff close to most buildings so there is always somewhere to get food or a drink after classes and the SU have set it up so there are microwaves and student livings rooms and such while you are at uni so that you can feel relaxed. In terms of costs, it depends on what you're used to. I live in wales so it's quite a bit dearer than where I am but its not too bad. If there are specific costs you'd like to know I could help but as an example, takeaway coffee and a sandwich usually cost about £5-6. It's a really great uni in terms of the support they give you and knowledge of subjects the lecturers have (I'm school of education though).

I hope that helps give an idea. If you have any questions I'll answer if I can.
H3ll0.K1tty
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sellingpetrl)
Hello,
I'm currently in year 12, and have been thinking about going to the University of Bristol in 2021 to study Film and Television.

I'm just wondering if any current students could tell me about how they find living and studying Bristol as a whole. Stuff like what accomodation you think is the best, what student life is like (night life, the student union, living in Bristol, the costs, what your experience has been like) and if you do study Film and Television, what do you think about the course?

Thank you! (I'm sure you can all understand the stress of researching and choosing what universities to apply to)
Hi, did you apply to Bristol for film and television? Because I did and I haven’t seen anyone else applying for the same course
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (262)
42.53%
The paper was reasonable (257)
41.72%
Not feeling great about that exam... (53)
8.6%
It was TERRIBLE (44)
7.14%

Watched Threads