Weight gain over lockdown

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I’ve gained about a stone, I was 8.5 now I’m 9.5 stone, I’m 5”5. I know I’m looking a bit chunkier but some of my family members have brought it up- mainly my mum. I asked for something and my mum said “I think you’ve had enough”. Is that just me or is that rude/ hurtful?

This is the biggest I’ve ever been and I didn’t think 9.5 was too overweight considering I’m not someone who exercises regularly. I go on walks with my dog 3-4 times a week and walk 2 miles each walk just so I don’t get too bored of being inside. I haven’t been eating more than I used too but I did walk 3 miles a day, 5 days a week. I hope to start exercising before I go back to college in September.
username5342072
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Eat less.
Alexia C
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Don’t worry you’re definitely not alone and it sounds like you’ve been pretty active with all the dog walking! If you want to lose weight before september just looking at forms of cardio as a workout and eating healthy! You’ve got this!
username5105748
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
9.5 stone is not much at all, don't stress about it! I've gained 12lbs over lockdown, but im just taking it slow as I know once I get back to school it will naturally come off.
RaA64
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If it makes you feel better, I’m super skinny and that’s even worse. I’m 6”0 and weigh 8.5 stones
Hannah0505
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
whats the equivalent of all that in kg
RaA64
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
She now weighs about 60kg, before she weighed about 54
(Original post by Hannah0505)
whats the equivalent of all that in kg
FingersXedAgain
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’ve gained about a stone, I was 8.5 now I’m 9.5 stone, I’m 5”5. I know I’m looking a bit chunkier but some of my family members have brought it up- mainly my mum. I asked for something and my mum said “I think you’ve had enough”. Is that just me or is that rude/ hurtful?

This is the biggest I’ve ever been and I didn’t think 9.5 was too overweight considering I’m not someone who exercises regularly. I go on walks with my dog 3-4 times a week and walk 2 miles each walk just so I don’t get too bored of being inside. I haven’t been eating more than I used too but I did walk 3 miles a day, 5 days a week. I hope to start exercising before I go back to college in September.
Don’t worry. Most people are a little fatter due to lockdown. Just watch what you eat and try to exercise more.
Bexjw
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Your BMI is right in the healthy range at 21.8. For your height, they say you should be between 7st 13lb - 10st 10lb.

You’re not fat, you’re not overweight, you’re healthy.
RichPiana
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’ve seen quite a few people gain weight over lockdown (including myself). I wouldn’t be too worried cause it was bound to happen and with lockdown being eased and gyms and other leisure facilities beginning to open up soon you should be able to lose it all.
username2908878
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You’re not alone here love, don’t you worry about that. If it’s any consolation, I’m also 5’5 and I’m 11 stone so :bored:
Hannah0505
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by RaA64)
She now weighs about 60kg, before she weighed about 54
Wait WHAT. im the same height as her and like 64kig and i never considered myself fat. time to starve myself ig
Fermion.
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

I think your mum was being a bit mean but really she means the best - she can see that you're gaining weight and she just doesn't want it to spiral out of control.

I would just put yourself in a small calorie deficit and maybe try to eat smaller portions - your weight should go back to normal if you just eat a little bit lesser. When you're walking, try speed walking to try and get your heart rate up and that should do the trick.
poiuytrewqp
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Plenty of people have gained weight, don't worry about it... the other day I overheard a group of lads saying that girls were looking better with a bit of extra post lockdown weight on them.
Last edited by poiuytrewqp; 1 week ago
Wannabevetnurse
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
dont worry about it. Alot of people have gained weight and some have lost weight, it doesnt mean you're fat/ugly/obese, it means your normal

I gained like 10kg but im trynna lose and i guess that's what matter

You can try your best but remember don't compare yourself to others because your best isnt always everyone else's best
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (34)
17.89%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (53)
27.89%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (103)
54.21%

Watched Threads