Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Need to finalise A-Level options next week.

Chemistry
    Biology
    Business Studies
    Physics/Psychology

I need to get straight A's, therefore need less workload with the chem+bio. however i am now thinking of taking physics up to AS as it would look better. Anyone done either Psychology or physics? how difficult are they and which do you recoomend i choose.

P.S Aiming for med school.

ReputationRep:
    You already made this thread :s:

Ps If I was you I would go for Full a level psychology or physics.

As you may not be accepted with business studies as it is a black list subject? Maybe just do it at As? ..

ReputationRep:
    Oh **** i did! Just seen it LMAO sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sunny1171)
    Need to finalise A-Level options next week.

Chemistry
    Biology
    Business Studies
    Physics/Psychology

I need to get straight A's, therefore need less workload with the chem+bio. however i am now thinking of taking physics up to AS as it would look better. Anyone done either Psychology or physics? how difficult are they and which do you recoomend i choose.

P.S Aiming for med school.

Depends where your strengths are really. If your good with numbers go for Physics, AS really isn't much to get your head round but it's more interesting than Biology and Chemistry!

If you're better at factual recall then opt for Psychology. I didn't do it but it looked a lot to remember. The bits I did in PE were definitely interesting but straight Psychology seemed to involve lying about a lecture theatre doing crosswords most the time.

Wait, so did Physics... guess I'm not much help here :p: Sod it, do both.

ReputationRep:
    I chose:
    Biology
    Chemistry
    Psychology
    Double Maths

I'm changing Psychology to Physics tomorrow, just 'cause.

Just thought you might want someone's opinion, rather than advice!

PHYSICS FTW!

ReputationRep:
    Have you considered keeping Psychology yet replacing Business Studies with Physics instead? I really don't advise taking up AS Business Studies - have you not considered Economics instead of that either?

ReputationRep:
    Although not always necessary, maths can be very useful to have for a medicine application, much more so than Business Studies, so if you are good at it, then I seriously recommend you reconsider maths as on option. Even if you end up deciding against medicine, maths is a good qualification to have practically regardless of your chosen subject, or career.

Again, I personally think you should choose psychology/physics over which you'd prefer and what you're better at. I personally find physics ridiculously boring, but psychology has always seemed really interesting, and although I'm good at physics, I have no passion for it what-so-ever, so I'd go for psychology. Of course, out of the two courses, physics could be the slightly more useful option, but neither would be shunned apon for a course in medicine. Good luck deciding

ReputationRep:
    I had this dilemma - waiting until almost the last minute to decide whether to do Physics of Psychology. In the end I chose the former - and loved it (despite my final grade!).

But as others have said, you should do both and not Business Studies - it will look so much better when it comes to Uni applications!

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.