The Student Room Group

I'm wasting my time and I'm confused!

So.. I really hate the fact that I couldn't take my GCSE exams this year as I barely tried in my mocks.. Or any other mock in fact. So this leaves me in a bad situation where I'm not able to do the subjects I want (there are no exceptions in my college for any grade lower). So if I were to retake my exams, I was informed by someone on tsr it would be too late to enrol for this year. I really want to work on something which will benefit me at the current moment but I am completely confused on what?
Original post by anomalyronn
So.. I really hate the fact that I couldn't take my GCSE exams this year as I barely tried in my mocks.. Or any other mock in fact. So this leaves me in a bad situation where I'm not able to do the subjects I want (there are no exceptions in my college for any grade lower). So if I were to retake my exams, I was informed by someone on tsr it would be too late to enrol for this year. I really want to work on something which will benefit me at the current moment but I am completely confused on what?

Resitting GCSEs are not like alevels u still need to be in full time education so u can’t just take a year out like if u don’t do well in alevels so u would still need to go to a college to study something in the meantime even if your college won’t accept u, have u contacted the college to ask if they would accept u starting after autumn resits? If not u probably need to find a different college or study different subjects or get an apprenticeship bcz unless u r registering as homeschooling ur legally required to be in education
Reply 2
Original post by iracundus
Resitting GCSEs are not like alevels u still need to be in full time education so u can’t just take a year out like if u don’t do well in alevels so u would still need to go to a college to study something in the meantime even if your college won’t accept u, have u contacted the college to ask if they would accept u starting after autumn resits? If not u probably need to find a different college or study different subjects or get an apprenticeship bcz unless u r registering as homeschooling ur legally required to be in education

I got accepted into the college but I'm certain I wont be able to do the subjects I want.

Quick Reply

Latest