Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the grade boundaries for OCR geography, Code: 1988, Higher? I got 347/400 and I've heard about this remarking thing, So if im close I'd like to give it a try.

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    Is this OCR Spec. C?

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to know what the grade boundaries were also =]

ReputationRep:
    Yeah spec C.

ReputationRep:
    360-a*
    320-a
    280-b

i think.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks DuckandCover. 13 marks off... not much chance of a remark then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomato_Soup1992)
    Thanks DuckandCover. 13 marks off... not much chance of a remark then
    13 marks means 6 raw marks. That's nothing - go for it.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'm remarking Spec C. with 5 UMS marks off an A*, which is 2.5 raw marks. I need to fetch 3 raw marks for an A*. What'cha think? I'm gonna go for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    I'm remarking Spec C. with 5 UMS marks off an A*, which is 2.5 raw marks. I need to fetch 3 raw marks for an A*. What'cha think? I'm gonna go for it.
    Yeh I'm 6 UMS away, so 3 marks away. I'm getting it remarked. Thing is, I'm in a good postion because for my DME I got 120/120 and 72/80 for coursework, so for my exam I got 162/200, so I only need to pick up a few more marks in the main 100 mark exam. I'm confident, I'm putting my chances of going up to A* @ 30-70 (30 to get A*).
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by v1oXx-)
    Yeh I'm 6 UMS away, so 3 marks away. I'm getting it remarked. Thing is, I'm in a good postion because for my DME I got 120/120 and 72/80 for coursework, so for my exam I got 162/200, so I only need to pick up a few more marks in the main 100 mark exam. I'm confident, I'm putting my chances of going up to A* @ 30-70 (30 to get A*).
    I'm at:

112/120 DME (top mark of the year, hell yeh I'm bragging)
    74/80 Coursework
    169/200 Terminal Exam

In total, 355/400 - with 360 being the A* boundary.

I'm going to wait for a response from my teacher (I emailed him a few days ago) to see what his advice would be. If he doesn't reply, I'll just call up the Exams Officer or just do it on the first day of Sixth Form or something.

You think our chances are good then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    I'm at:

112/120 DME (top mark of the year, hell yeh I'm bragging)
    74/80 Coursework
    169/200 Terminal Exam

In total, 355/400 - with 360 being the A* boundary.

I'm going to wait for a response from my teacher (I emailed him a few days ago) to see what his advice would be. If he doesn't reply, I'll just call up the Exams Officer or just do it on the first day of Sixth Form or something.

You think our chances are good then?
    I'd guess so. I'd give you my DME mark for you final exam score :p: Then we'd both have A*s :yep:

But yeah, I talked to my Geography teacher, and he said he was gonna request the script back, but I told him not to. There isn't point. I'm gonna get it remarked regardless; I'd regret not getting it remarked if I didn't. My school is only charging me £6 for a remark

Geography was my favourite subject. I did **** all in the lessons, I did no work outside of lessons, and I didn't revise for the exam, man I'm so sad I didn't get A* for that
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by v1oXx-)
    Geography was my favourite subject. I did **** all in the lessons, I did no work outside of lessons, and I didn't revise for the exam, man I'm so sad I didn't get A* for that
    :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well if its only 6 marks ill give it a shot. PS: CW = 78/80, DME ( which we took in Jan ) = 100/120 & TE = 169/200

ReputationRep:
    6 marks off an A

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.