Turn on thread page Beta

A Levels for Dentistry watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I really need to decide on my A level choices. I cannot choose between ICT/Pyschology/Spanish.

Which subject would be more helpful towards dentistry, or doesn't it matter which one I pick.

Any help much apprecaited.

ReputationRep:
    Yoo Hoo!

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter, just pick what you enjoy studying.

ICT, Psychology and Spanish are all fine.

Remember you will need to get an A in both chemistry and biology for most universities.

ReputationRep:
    Hae you chosen any sciences?

Is this your fourth choice or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsi101)
    Hae you chosen any sciences?

Is this your fourth choice or something?
    Yes, I'm definately doing Maths, Chemistry and Biology, I just can't pick a fourth.

ReputationRep:
    Anything, aslong as you have the two sciences

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Have No Imagination)
    Yes, I'm definately doing Maths, Chemistry and Biology, I just can't pick a fourth.
    Personally I'd say psychology.

ReputationRep:
    Psychology is generally a good one most people enjoy studying and it fits in well the the sciences and also will help you at university when you study modules including memory, anxiety etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dark-knight)
    Psychology is generally a good one most people enjoy studying and it fits in well the the sciences and also will help you at university when you study modules including memory, anxiety etc
    Really? I didn't know that. Thanks.
    I really love ICT, but I got a B in it for my GCSEs even though I was predicted an A, and that was originally my first choice.
    But after getting an A* in maths, i'm getting pulled towards Psychology.

Would you pick Psychology or ICT with my GCSE grades?

ReputationRep:
    As long as you got the core Bio and Chem, any other choices are fine, Choose the subj you enjoy the most and the one you think you will get the best grade in. Some unis may want to see something different and somethin special... instead of the standard bio maths chem physics choices... (not sayin they a bad choice :P) but it doesn't really matter as long as you have got a good application and have the entry requirements....

Good luck with your application!...
    Dan

ReputationRep:
    my friend who got into king's and queen mary dentistry took maths, chemistry, biology and psychology! she dropped maths though and carried on with the other three, but I don't think it really matters as long as you do biology and especially chemistry!

ReputationRep:
    Ah okay, thank you everyone.

ReputationRep:
    and pick what you think you can do best in, because the entry requirements are quite high! Something you enjoy would help as it gives you the motivation! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student_s)
    and pick what you think you can do best in, because the entry requirements are quite high! Something you enjoy would help as it gives you the motivation! Good luck!
    You see thats where my problem is. I love ICT but I got a B in it at GCSE when I was predicted an A.
    Now I think that if I do it for A levels, i'll probably fail.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I'd say Pyschology, (maybe?), but as long as you have biology, chemistry and maths, it really doesn't matter which A-level out of the 3 you choose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by star_5)
    Personally I'd say Pyschology, (maybe?), but as long as you have biology, chemistry and maths, it really doesn't matter which A-level out of the 3 you choose.
    Its interesting that everyone would pick psychology, can I ask why you would pick that?

ReputationRep:
    i think psychology will be easier to get an A in than ICT, i know that isn't a reason to choose it but it just depends on what you enjoy, don't worry about it too much though as long as you have chemistry and biology at grade A and another subject at grade B you should be alright

ReputationRep:
    Psychology (especially for AQA) is quite easy at AS as you just have to learn things and slap them down on paper, for A2 it's practically the same but there is sooo much information to learn and you are only tested on a small fraction of it, that's why it may screw you. Did you revise hard for ICT GCSE also it depends whether you only want it as an AS as in if you think you'll drop it, but I guess you may decide that after you get results! For example if you get 3 A's in your other subjects and a B in ICT at least you would have done something you enjoyed and it still would be a good grade right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student_s)
    Psychology (especially for AQA) is quite easy at AS as you just have to learn things and slap them down on paper, for A2 it's practically the same but there is sooo much information to learn and you are only tested on a small fraction of it, that's why it may screw you. Did you revise hard for ICT GCSE also it depends whether you only want it as an AS as in if you think you'll drop it, but I guess you may decide that after you get results! For example if you get 3 A's in your other subjects and a B in ICT at least you would have done something you enjoyed and it still would be a good grade right?
    Yes, I did revise hard for my ICT GCSE. I'm getting it remarked it anyway. I'm just so confused because I've never got anything lower than an A* in ICT before and to get a B in my GCSEs was a bit of a surprise.
    I can handle learning things off by heart quite easily and I think I should enjoy Psychology.

ReputationRep:
    is this for your AS or A2 choices?? you do realise that you *don't* have to do four right (for A2 that is)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 11, 2009

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.