Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay so about a week ago a chicken bone got stuck in my throat while eating dinner, I coughed a bit and drank loads of water and ate whole chunks of banana and rice balls [if you swallow them whole they are supposed to take stuck bones with them]

Anyway I was away but still had some sensations when shallowing like something was still stuck in my throat. The pain went down a bit but its back again and I don't remember choking on bones recently! I feel a bone stuck in my throat whenever I swallow and I've had loads of water and rice balls, like I swallowed them whole but still feel it.

I tried to force myself to throw up but I couldn't ... this is scaring me now and I can feel it every time I swallow and it hurts! What can I do???

ReputationRep:
    A&e.

ReputationRep:
    It may be psychological or something. I remember having a fish bone stuck in mine once as a child, from a kipper. I get that horrible feeling sometimes. Rare, but I do. Maybe get it checked or see if it goes away. I also remember once I was a child and was playing with friends inside a railway bridge walking on the boards beneath the bridge etc. A tiny fragment of metal fell into my eye and got stuck and I could feel the pain in there right up to my eyelid as if the thing was just below my lid pushing on my eye. It sometimes feels as if it's still there. It's not, and it's weird and uncomfortable but maybe it's something like that.

ReputationRep:
    My mom says its just my throat feeling pain from where the bone was ... aghhh no A&E please, I ran from my GP when they scheduled a blood test and I haven't been back since

Its there something I can do? Like drink something or eat something? I'm out of bananas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eMJaaay♥)
    Okay so about a week ago a chicken bone got stuck in my throat while eating dinner, I coughed a bit and drank loads of water and ate whole chunks of banana and rice balls [if you swallow them whole they are supposed to take stuck bones with them]

Anyway I was away but still had some sensations when shallowing like something was still stuck in my throat. The pain went down a bit but its back again and I don't remember choking on bones recently! I feel a bone stuck in my throat whenever I swallow and I've had loads of water and rice balls, like I swallowed them whole but still feel it.

I tried to force myself to throw up but I couldn't ... this is scaring me now and I can feel it every time I swallow and it hurts! What can I do???
    I don't know if I'd call this a medical emergency as you can obviously still breath. But that bone needs to come out. And the longer it stays there the more likely complications will arise. I am not trying to scare you, that is a promise. I am however trying to get you to see that YOU DO NEED TO GO SEE A DOCTOR. ASAP.

Please do that, it's for your own good.

AH

ReputationRep:
    Okay, its still there but less annoying [probably because I'm swallowing less!]

I can't feel it when drinking or eating ... only when I swallow when there is nothing to swallow if that makes any sense ... and surely if something was actually there I would feel it all the time!

So if its just a feeling, why won't it go away??? I'm scared of going to my GP!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 27, 2008
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.