My diet plan - your thoughts?

Watch
Dinosaur27
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I have a BMI of 26 which means I'm overweight. I won't reveal my weight but I'm trying to lose about a stone. To make it bearable im trying to lose 1-2 pounds a week. My aim is not to stop eating things I enjoy but eating less portions. For example before I would have 5 packets of crisp a day now it's just 1. I'm trying to stick to the below diet I'm also walking to my local park each day which is about a mile there and back.

BREAKFAST: Cereal of Frosties, Rice Krispies or Sugar Puffs (Mon-Fri),2 slices of buttered toast (Sat) and Oatso Simple porridge (Sun). Also a coffee each morning

SNACKS: Satsuma and sugar free energy drink (morning), cup of tea and chocolate bar and 3 digestives (afternoon), cup of tea, glass of orange, satsuma and chocolate bar (evening). Also a cup of hot chocolate before bedtime

LUNCH: A sandwich with butter and one of the following: ham, corned beef, cheese or fried egg and bacon. Followed by one low fat packet of crisps, a banana and a glass of fruit juice

DINNER: I do vary it sometimes but this is my current plan:
(Monday) 1 chicken kiev, 4 mini waffles, half a tin of beans
(Tuesday) 1 jacket potato, half a tin of beans
(Wednesday) 1 vegetable pie, chips, ssweetcorn
(Thursday) 1 chicken steak, 4 mini waffles, half a tin of beans
(Friday) 3 fish fingers, chips, garden less
(Saturday) 2 sausages, mashed potato, half a tin of beans
(Sunday) general Sunday roast
Followed by either a yoghurt, half a tin of rice pudding or a choc ice (last one is no more than once a week)

What are your thoughts? I do have a fairly active job, and like I said above i try and walk 2 miles every day.
AM.TSR
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
As long as you're in a calorie deficit, you'll lose weight.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You can better achieve a calorie deficit if you change out certain things like the sugary cereals and crisps you are eating. You also need to make sure you are eating balanced meals to get the right amount of protein, carbs, vitamins etc.

Breakfast: wholegrain cereal or porridge, with added fruit. Some form of brown bread if you have toast. Proteins will also fill you up, so mackerel or eggs on toast, with spinach, orctonatoes and mushrooms for the latter.

Lunch: occasional low fat crisps are ok, but every day is just a habit. Again, wholemeal bread/wraps/pitta with protein and salad. Or make a lunch box of salad with protein; there are loads of veg you can add raw, like carrot, broccoli, cauliflower, baby corn, sugar snaps, as well as the obvious lettuce or fresh spinach, tomatoes, cucumber, beetroot. You could also have couscous, brown pasta or rice, quinoa with it.

Dinner: as with crisps, don't let dessert become a daily habit; it's an occasional treat. Avoid too many processed potato products like chips and waffles; as above, try brown rice or pasta, sweet potato etc. If you have less manufactured/breaded food and more straightforward chicken, pork or beef steak, fish fillet, veg or a side salad is a better accompaniment than beans. Learn to cook meat and fish with herbs, spices and light sauces for interest.
Chickennoodle280
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If your looking to loose 1-2 lbs weekly I highly recommend slimming world, I’ve lost four stone on it and u can eat pretty much normally and still loose loads of weight it’s super easy to follow. If your interested I can always help you out. You don’t need to go to any groups or pay either u can find the basic plan on the Internet xx
Nutritionist
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Very lacking in vegetables

Edit: I actually can’t see a single vegetable on any day except Sunday
Last edited by Nutritionist; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (187)
33.51%
Receiving them online / by email (278)
49.82%
I still don't know (93)
16.67%

Watched Threads