Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Nothing. I always wake up between 7 and 8 at the latest without anything to encourage me to do so.

ReputationRep:
    muse, supermassive black hole.
    i alternate between that an "knights of the round table" (monty python) because when i start to get to used to something, in my sleepy stupor i just hit my phone and go back to sleep.

ReputationRep:
    This morning it was my home phone ringing, my Deputy Manager at work phoning in to tell me I was supposed to be in work 15 minutes ago! lol!

Usually, though, it's a boat's horn (the Disney Wonder, no less), which is the loudest noise I could find and the one which wakes me the quickest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlanWCollins)
    This morning it was my home phone ringing, my Deputy Manager at work phoning in to tell me I was supposed to be in work 15 minutes ago! lol!

Usually, though, it's a boat's horn (the Disney Wonder, no less), which is the loudest noise I could find and the one which wakes me the quickest.
    Lol my step dad has a police siren. Which normally results in my mum shouting "I havent done anything" In her sleep. LOL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    I use a generic alarm from my K800i. It is similar to Eric Prydz - Call On Me. :o:
    is it called motivation?!:p:
    umm for school just the alarm on my bedside clock, if its something special, i use my fone with greeting as the alarm sound.
    sometimes i dont have any sound and it vibrating is enough 2 wake me:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I used to have a CD alarm clock and I'd wake up to loud, shouty metal, but now I just use the alarm on my phone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsheppard11)
    is it called motivation?!:p:
    umm for school just the alarm on my bedside clock, if its something special, i use my fone with greeting as the alarm sound.
    sometimes i dont have any sound and it vibrating is enough 2 wake me:rolleyes:
    Haha, probably is called that. I take it you have that overly bulky phone too then, eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxstace123xx)
    Lol my step dad has a police siren. Which normally results in my mum shouting "I havent done anything" In her sleep. LOL.
    Haha! Sounds like fun in your house then lol! :laughing:

I'd love to know how other people in my house react to alarms, but I've always been the last one up for the past few years (I don't do mornings lol!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    Haha, probably is called that. I take it you have that overly bulky phone too then, eh?
    overly bulky?!
    its fine and great

waiting for the C905:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlanWCollins)
    Haha! Sounds like fun in your house then lol! :laughing:

I'd love to know how other people in my house react to alarms, but I've always been the last one up for the past few years (I don't do mornings lol!).
    Lol well my alarm goes off like 5 mins before my step dads so Im always partially awake and then the scream of my mum wakes me, and my two little brothers up. The joys :o:

ReputationRep:
    An erection.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Sorry :rofl:. It had to be done. When you sleep, parasympathetic activity increases, which results in the nitrergic nerves in the penis activating, which causes an erection due to vasodilation of the blood vessels and the pressure on the venous plexus to prevent blood escaping the penis.

Just in case anyone wanted to know why :p:. I usually wake up to my phone vibrating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Just my phone's alarm tone, during term time.

Otherwise on weekends/holidays my mental clock.
    This.

My phone's alarm is by far the most effective during term time.

ReputationRep:
    As in an alarm tone?

Mine is lost prophets- wake up.

It wakes me up... and fast. Full volume, Im like :eek: :eek: Ok I'm up:woo: .

Anyway discuss!
    That bit made me laugh so much, I snorted a little. Reminded me of Lee Evans.

Anyway, my dad usually wakes me up by doing this stupid knocking on the door 'rhythm' that he has done for the past 10 years. It makes me want to shout at him every single morning; not really the best of wake up calls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speedbird2008)
    Serious manpoints up for grabs there. :yep:

And for me, I wake up to:

(Someone had to do it...)
    lol yeah can't believe I didn't think of that! seriously though who else wonders why that happends lol? I really don't get it. last night I dreamt about being trapped in a sewer with this girl I was in love with who turned into a spider on occasion and crazy evil giant squid chasing me. still had the usual greeting when I woke up lol. wtf?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Demon_AS)
    An erection.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Sorry :rofl:. It had to be done. When you sleep, parasympathetic activity increases, which results in the nitrergic nerves in the penis activating, which causes an erection due to vasodilation of the blood vessels and the pressure on the venous plexus to prevent blood escaping the penis.

Just in case anyone wanted to know why :p:. I usually wake up to my phone vibrating.

Lol I am glad that was in the spoiler and not what I though it would be :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by solo2wolf)
    lol yeah can't believe I didn't think of that! seriously though who else wonders why that happends lol? I really don't get it. last night I dreamt about being trapped in a sewer with this girl I was in love with who turned into a spider on occasion and crazy evil giant squid chasing me. still had the usual greeting when I woke up lol. wtf?
    I explained it in my post above.

ReputationRep:
    Lol I am glad that was in the spoiler and not what I though it would be :p:
    Hehehe, I was being crass, but not even *I* am that crass :p:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ooze)
    Beep beep beep beep beep.
    And this is what my mobile alarm is like!

I wake up to my mum's shrieking.. nothing else works.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Demon_AS)
    Hehehe, I was being crass, but not even *I* am that crass :p:.

Lol, it would have been funny though. I read that spoiler about 5 times thinking, this can't be legit lol there must be a pic hidden somewhere haha. :p:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.