Sunburn on face - should I be worried

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Ok so today I went out with some friends from 1 oclock to 8 oclock and was out for most of it. I put suncream on my arms and legs but must have not put it on my face properly because part of my face is burned. (I know Im an absolute idiot and Im furious with myself for not being diligent with it) I kind of have health anxiety so Im always worried about diseases and cancer etc. Should I be worried about a face sunburn? From what I can remember this is only the 3rd time I have been burned, I have never been burned to the point of peeling. It doesnt feel painful at all at the moment although the parts of my face do seem quite red. Naturally I am know very worried about a melanoma and after googling it all Im seeing is that one sunburn causes permanent damage and increases your risk of cancer so Im already worried. Anyone have any reassurance.
macy_m
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Not to worry! Some people don’t tan straight away but go red so you’re probably in that group! If you haven’t even peeled there is literally no reason to worry. In fact my face is peeling bc of a sunburn and I’m 100% fine, it’s normal
pepsimaxcherry
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Don’t panic! My face gets burnt a lot and I’ve never had any complications haha! Best thing to do is have a cold shower to cool your skin down and put some Aloe Vera or After Sun on your skin. This cools your skin and prevents itching!

You’ll be fine, don’t worry
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Stop Googling things that contribute to your anxiety and seek help for that. In the future make sure you wear sun screen and reapply it.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Pathway)
Stop Googling things that contribute to your anxiety and seek help for that. In the future make sure you wear sun screen and reapply it.
Ok thanks - Yeah I applied sunscreen and im only burnt beneath my eyes but Im more annoyed with myself than anything because I went through the effort of putting cream on, I out it on my face but I stupidly didnt cover my entire face and left parts out because I wasnt concentrating, the cream worked on most parts of my face but some parts have burned.
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Ok thanks - Yeah I applied sunscreen and im only burnt beneath my eyes but Im more annoyed with myself than anything because I went through the effort of putting cream on, I out it on my face but I stupidly didnt cover my entire face and left parts out because I wasnt concentrating, the cream worked on most parts of my face but some parts have burned.
Still, speak to someone about your anxiety. Getting burnt 3 times won't necessarily cause skin cancer, it's way more complicated than that.
yasmin03
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I wouldn’t be worried about it if it has only been burnt 3 times, but I use a moisturiser with SPF every morning and this helps me remember to apply it and obviously is formulated for your face (some sun creams can get a bit sticky or oily and can cause some people to break out).

Also, I agree with the other users, you should probably try to talk to someone about your anxiety, I think it’s quite common to google potential symptoms and get worked up about your health, so you’re not the only one
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (95)
13.87%
I'm not sure (32)
4.67%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (214)
31.24%
I have already dropped out (16)
2.34%
I'm not a current university student (328)
47.88%

Watched Threads