anamsaid
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Has anyone taken this at uni and got in with only a biology as a science...and do you enjoy it?
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’m assuming you mean radiology?

Depends what you mean by ‘science’ - I.e. does that include social sciences?
My friend got into radiology with biology, psychology and RS.
Last edited by Mesopotamian.; 4 weeks ago
scienceishguy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by anamsaid)
Has anyone taken this at uni and got in with only a biology as a science...and do you enjoy it?
Hey! I went through the process of applying to BSc Diagnostic Radiography this year (however deferring a year for more education) and I stood really only with Biology as an A-Level relevant. When speaking to universities they all had different views but biology was definitely useful and all my choices accepted me with just Biology as a relevant subject. Get in touch with admissions teams at different universities and they can give you advice or alternatively viewing the entry requirements on universities websites will give you a detailed understanding of what they are looking for.

Attend some virtual open days universities are holding over the next few months. You'll be able to speak to staff, admissions staff for applications and current students! That's how I narrowed down my choices and managed to get all my decisions made.

In terms of enjoyment, I haven't started the course yet however I did get a small opportunity to visit a Radiology department at my local hospital which gave me an amazing insight into working as a Radiography / Sonographer / etc. But I can imagine (like most healthcare courses) the course itself is really good fun and very stimulating if it is something you are very interested in
anamsaid
Rep:
?
(Original post by scienceishguy)
Hey! I went through the process of applying to BSc Diagnostic Radiography this year (however deferring a year for more education) and I stood really only with Biology as an A-Level relevant. When speaking to universities they all had different views but biology was definitely useful and all my choices accepted me with just Biology as a relevant subject. Get in touch with admissions teams at different universities and they can give you advice or alternatively viewing the entry requirements on universities websites will give you a detailed understanding of what they are looking for.

Attend some virtual open days universities are holding over the next few months. You'll be able to speak to staff, admissions staff for applications and current students! That's how I narrowed down my choices and managed to get all my decisions made.

In terms of enjoyment, I haven't started the course yet however I did get a small opportunity to visit a Radiology department at my local hospital which gave me an amazing insight into working as a Radiography / Sonographer / etc. But I can imagine (like most healthcare courses) the course itself is really good fun and very stimulating if it is something you are very interested in
Omg thank you so much🥺this really helped!!!
anamsaid
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
I’m assuming you mean radiology?

Depends what you mean by ‘science’ - I.e. does that include social sciences?
My friend got into radiology with biology, psychology and RS.
Ahhh okay thank you, I’m literally taking the same subjects as your friend😭 so thank you for letting me know!!!
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by anamsaid)
Ahhh okay thank you, I’m literally taking the same subjects as your friend😭 so thank you for letting me know!!!
No worries
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (109)
25.47%
Better than expected (90)
21.03%
Worse than expected (229)
53.5%

Watched Threads