One Way Friendships Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Whats your views on one way friendships?

Sometimes I want to talk to people by texts or whatever, but I cannot bring myself to do it because I kinda know they don't want to talk to me.

If I did text them then it feels like I'm just a gimp, like there's no point to what I'm doing.
lolimemma
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
They aren't worth it then.
Or maybe they don't talk to you coz you don't talk to them so therefore think that you don't really like them :P
chr15chr15
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
well if they don't want to know you then it's not worth the hastle of being, or trying to be, their friend.
why would you want to talk to such a person?
MSB
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Maybe they don't talk to you because they think you don't want to talk to them.
Anonymous #1
They don't talk to me because they think/know I'm a loser/loner.

Which is fair enough I spose, but how can I ever improve myself if this is the reaction I get all the time?
Ele_B
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
move on, surely you know better people
star_5
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yeah, there are some people in my contact list who I know don't wanna talk to me, so I don't text them or talk to them anymore. The type of people you just smile vaguely at in the corridor? Haha well anyway just forget about those people and move on. SUrely you know other people who are more worthy of your time?
xxstace123xx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There is this girl who always texts me and asks what I am doing. The thing is she drives me up the wall.

I mean she is a nice enough girl. Shes just not my cup of tea.

I have put her on my block list on my phone :ninja:

I am just evil to some people :p:
SarahhhD
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Reach out to them you'll be surprised.
Emers
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hold on a minute! Everyone has said that it's the friends' problem, but low self-esteem can make somebody feel as if no one likes them or wants to talk to them. When you have low-self confidence then harmless things can be interpreted in a negative way.
username130457
Report 10 years ago
One way friendships suck. It's like unrequited love. I've been through it, best advice i can give you is to talk to them: if then they do not react nicely/ignore you then move on. You'll be surprised at how life can turn around and bring you back to the one's you previously adore; but with the twist being that it will be a time where the people you adored do not really mean much to your life anymore.

Ele_B
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
They don't talk to me because they think/know I'm a loser/loner.

Which is fair enough I spose, but how can I ever improve myself if this is the reaction I get all the time?
are you in college? if you are, live your life, do the things you like and find your way independently from who you have around..because after college they'll be out of your life, you'll go to uni and find plenty of like-minded people who will be true friends.
Also, they may think that you are a loser, but starting not to think it about yourself can help
if they're going to change idea, good, it will mean they were able to see who you are in the end/eventually you showed your true self..if they don't they're not worth the effort. Starting to think that you're not a loser is something you do for yourself!good luck
emilina
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i have quite a few one way friendships. i hate them, but then the friend will text me once (in reply to something i sent a month ago) and i just think 'oh maybe they do care after all'. i'm such a sucker.
Anonymous #1
If I tried to make an effort with these people in real life, they would make excuses. They have done countless times before, and yet on the odd occasion when they may have invited me out, I make excuses myself because I don't believe they are being genuine.

On one such occasion, I was supposed to meet a 'friend' somewhere, i was going there on my own, and the 'friend' was coming over with a few of his own mates.

I didnt see them for ages, so i texted the 'friend' to see where he was, and he just said he was somewhere else. Surely the fact that I didn't receive a text telling me of the change of plan means that the 'friend' was just taking the piss all the time??
RightSaidJames
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You sound exactly like me. Perhaps you just think it's a one-way friendship, and if so you should try to get over the third-wheel syndrome, as should I. Since you're a quiet, thoughtful, nice, non-obnoxious person (and loud, slightly selfish/rude, obnoxious people are the majority, really) you're probably more liked than you think.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1071)
79.04%
Leave (284)
20.96%

Watched Threads