Gcse year 10 help

Watch this thread
ricjclown
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hello everyone I'm year 10, currently revising for mocks, I'm studying:
AQA lit and lang
EDEXCEL history
OCR maths
AQA Bio and Chem and Phys (all separately)
EDEXCEL stats
AQA business
EDEXCEL Spanish

if anyone has tips on how to revise or any help any question papers; literally anything ill take it I could help you back thanks.
Learner777
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
For history make sure to apply knowledge correctly(have it structured). I’ll try and find some resources for you.
Learner777
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
For English idk if you have access to your teacher but you need to ask them for help. My mistake was I didn’t ask them for help because I was too scared but when I did I got three levels higher than expected.
Learner777
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Use Seneca,bbc bite size, go on YouTube and search specific topics. When you revise take breaks and turn off your phone. Make sure when you get back to school to write as much as you can so when it comes to revising (you can condense it and make revision cards) after every topic write questions so you can come back to them later and answer them after revising.
Learner777
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Also the “look,cover,method” always helped me remember dates in history and why they was significant.
username5308830
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
you can access past papers on the exam board websites, alongside mark schemes or practice for the real exams with
username5277670
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ricjclown)
hello everyone I'm year 10, currently revising for mocks, I'm studying:
AQA lit and lang
EDEXCEL history
OCR maths
AQA Bio and Chem and Phys (all separately)
EDEXCEL stats
AQA business
EDEXCEL Spanish

if anyone has tips on how to revise or any help any question papers; literally anything ill take it I could help you back thanks.
eng lit- learn like 4 key quotes per character/ theme and try get them to overlap. make sure you can write about them as well. stacey reay i think her name is- follow her on insta and check her yt channel she helped me make detailed notes on quotes
eng lang- learn how to structure the question and what the question is asking for- past papers are useful for understanding what the question wants
history- make sure you know key dates/ figures and the order of things that happened. how to structure the question and timing here is important. timelines/flashcard/ mindmaps i found useful. I did medicine as one of my topics and the final 16 marker needed answering a certain way
maths- past papers- my school provide these fortnightly near gcses. practice questions for topics you don't understand
sciences- mindmaps for each topic, flashcard for equations. past papers to know how to answer 6 markers ect and know your stuff for each topic
spanish- for speaking- write the question on one side of a piece of paper in a strip and on the other side write key conjugated infinitives and nouns dont write full sentences. also learn your chosen theme so you can get high marks
writing- past questions- sentence starters/ words/phrases to use whilst answering
general- learn the topics vocab and vocab that keeps coming up/ common words
didn't take business or stats so can't help you there. hope this was useful
Last edited by username5277670; 1 year ago
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
For English Lit and History, I recommend you get your resources done early as you can so you can recap and solidify the content bit by bit so you dont need to worry about the massive content you need to go over all at once when you have mocks or real exams; make sure you learn the exam technique and practice writing in exam conditions. For History, don't worry about dates as long as you are contextually right so make sure the time period is not completely wrong - being vague is better than getting it wrong (e.g. 18th century instead of 1761). For English Language, after getting the exam technique down, do one practice paper a time so you can give it to your teacher for feedback and you can do another practice paper focusing on the feedback and they will give you some resources for improvements. For Maths, do some questions and practice papers and look at what you did wrong if you got questions wrong - if you cant see where you went wrong, ask your teachers and the people on TSR. For Science, work on your weakness and use the mark schemes a lot as they tend to repeat the type of questions - practical methods are easy marks. For Spanish, what are your weak areas: speaking, writing, reading or listening?
ricjclown
Rep:
(Original post by sassy sausages)
eng lit- learn like 4 key quotes per character/ theme and try get them to overlap. make sure you can write about them as well. stacey reay i think her name is- follow her on insta and check her yt channel she helped me make detailed notes on quotes
eng lang- learn how to structure the question and what the question is asking for- past papers are useful for understanding what the question wants
history- make sure you know key dates/ figures and the order of things that happened. how to structure the question and timing here is important. timelines/flashcard/ mindmaps i found useful. I did medicine as one of my topics and the final 16 marker needed answering a certain way
maths- past papers- my school provide these fortnightly near gcses. practice questions for topics you don't understand
sciences- mindmaps for each topic, flashcard for equations. past papers to know how to answer 6 markers ect and know your stuff for each topic
spanish- for speaking- write the question on one side of a piece of paper in a strip and on the other side write key conjugated infinitives and nouns dont write full sentences. also learn your chosen theme so you can get high marks
writing- past questions- sentence starters/ words/phrases to use whilst answering
general- learn the topics vocab and vocab that keeps coming up/ common words
didn't take business or stats so can't help you there. hope this was useful your a ledgend thanks
your a legend thanks
ricjclown
Rep:
(Original post by learner38)
For history make sure to apply knowledge correctly(have it structured). I’ll try and find some resources for you.
thank you soooo much
ricjclown
Rep:
(Original post by PetitePanda)
For English Lit and History, I recommend you get your resources done early as you can so you can recap and solidify the content bit by bit so you dont need to worry about the massive content you need to go over all at once when you have mocks or real exams; make sure you learn the exam technique and practice writing in exam conditions. For History, don't worry about dates as long as you are contextually right so make sure the time period is not completely wrong - being vague is better than getting it wrong (e.g. 18th century instead of 1761). For English Language, after getting the exam technique down, do one practice paper a time so you can give it to your teacher for feedback and you can do another practice paper focusing on the feedback and they will give you some resources for improvements. For Maths, do some questions and practice papers and look at what you did wrong if you got questions wrong - if you cant see where you went wrong, ask your teachers and the people on TSR. For Science, work on your weakness and use the mark schemes a lot as they tend to repeat the type of questions - practical methods are easy marks. For Spanish, what are your weak areas: speaking, writing, reading or listening?
thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (16)
88.89%
No (1)
5.56%
I didn't use it to prepare (1)
5.56%

Watched Threads