?
Report 4 weeks ago
Why would they be cancelled?
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No, but I do think there should be something in place to help us. I thought they were looking into reducing the exam content.
RaA64
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The exams
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
No, but I do think there should be something in place to help us. I thought they were looking into reducing the exam content.
The exams will be delayed - you can’t reduce content. Different students have studied topics in a different order.
5hyl33n
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by RaA64)
The exams The exams will be delayed - you can’t reduce content. Different students have studied topics in a different order.
I know - that’s why I said they were ‘looking’ into doing that. It obviously won’t work.
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No why would they be? unless a similar circumstance happens to us then
学生の父
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Ofqual are currently running a consultation on changes to the summer 2021 series of GCSE, AS and A-level exams in England. https://www.gov.uk/government/news/o...nd-assessments

It closes on Thursday, so to have your say make sure you complete the consultation feedback.

WJEC has also been canvassing the views of teachers in Wales about next summer's exams. They will announce the adaptations to GCSEs on 20 July, and to AS and A-levels on 3 August.
RaA64
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 学生の父)
Ofqual are currently running a consultation on changes to the summer 2021 series of GCSE, AS and A-level exams in England. https://www.gov.uk/government/news/o...nd-assessments

It closes on Thursday, so to have your say make sure you complete the consultation feedback.

WJEC has also been canvassing the views of teachers in Wales about next summer's exams. They will announce the adaptations to GCSEs on 20 July, and to AS and A-levels on 3 August.
They’re going to delay the exams for a month
future_11
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
All the year 10's going on 11's who want exams to be cancelled are just bloody lazy if u ask me. They see us year 11's got out of doing gcse's and they want the same because they just cba to put some work in! Imo!
Becca216
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No. They should not be cancelled.

There is at least 10 months before we sit exams next year - if they cancelled exams now what would be the point of us going to school next year.

If you want exams cancelled, I'm sorry, you are lazy. I understand its hard to work at home (I am a Y12 myself) and yes some people are more disadvantaged than others, but we are "all in this together"....
Anonymousamie
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by future_11)
All the year 10's going on 11's who want exams to be cancelled are just bloody lazy if u ask me. They see us year 11's got out of doing gcse's and they want the same because they just cba to put some work in! Imo!
Really not the case, for me at least. I’ve been revising since the winter (in Year 12) and making cue cards before then because I achieved 6-9s at GCSE, but one of the A levels I take is the subject which I achieved a B for, so I was determined to prove to myself that I can take what I enjoy and still succeed. Anyway, I still get up at 9am each day, complete our class work and revise, but lockdown has definitely taken its toll on my mental health. I know many, many students are in the same situation, if not worse (regardless of their year group), so I think something should be done to ease the stress. Deep down I’d love exams to be cancelled because my performance never meets my expectations due to anxiety (not an excuse, I genuinely don’t sleep a wink and sometimes have panic attacks, but that’s getting sorted this summer), but pushing them back seems fair I suppose. In an ideal world, I’d rather go back to school in September and briefly cover what we’ve missed because seriously, having been in school for a few days this term, none of us seem confident or as settled as we used to be, but that won’t happen because other users have rightly mentioned that each school is at a different stage in the spec. So yeah, not sure what’ll happen, but I do think we deserve some sympathy.
rxyaltyx
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
noooooooo
i dont want predicted grades
future_11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymousamie)
Really not the case, for me at least. I’ve been revising since the winter (in Year 12) and making cue cards before then because I achieved 6-9s at GCSE, but one of the A levels I take is the subject which I achieved a B for, so I was determined to prove to myself that I can take what I enjoy and still succeed. Anyway, I still get up at 9am each day, complete our class work and revise, but lockdown has definitely taken its toll on my mental health. I know many, many students are in the same situation, if not worse (regardless of their year group), so I think something should be done to ease the stress. Deep down I’d love exams to be cancelled because my performance never meets my expectations due to anxiety (not an excuse, I genuinely don’t sleep a wink and sometimes have panic attacks, but that’s getting sorted this summer), but pushing them back seems fair I suppose. In an ideal world, I’d rather go back to school in September and briefly cover what we’ve missed because seriously, having been in school for a few days this term, none of us seem confident or as settled as we used to be, but that won’t happen because other users have rightly mentioned that each school is at a different stage in the spec. So yeah, not sure what’ll happen, but I do think we deserve some sympathy.
yeahh of course for students like you i completely understand and tbh who wouldn't wanna be able to not do gcse's LOL. But i know plenty of students who are being idiots, sitting at home not really doing the work and not putting no effort in and then preaching its only fair their exams get cancelled as well. Nope. Pure laziness.
Anonymousamie
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by future_11)
yeahh of course for students like you i completely understand and tbh who wouldn't wanna be able to not do gcse's LOL. But i know plenty of students who are being idiots, sitting at home not really doing the work and not putting no effort in and then preaching its only fair their exams get cancelled as well. Nope. Pure laziness.
Yeah, I understand that. I don’t want to make assumptions because for all I know they might have family problems or whatnot, but some students in my classes have iMacs at home, their own bedroom, live in really peaceful areas and they still don’t do the work. We share a family computer and I share a room with my sister, so I’m a little bit envious to be honest, but sometimes I just think if I can do it, why can’t they?
stillcrying
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Just want to clear up: I'm not lazy, I have attended every online lesson since 23rd March and have continued to make my notes as part of my usual revision. But I have seen a difference in my learning and I have found it harder to embed the new content as a result of the online lessons. I would like to prove myself in my A-level exams next year (so not to cancel them) but I do think they need to be reworked a little to accommodate for the drop in learning.

I was just asking whether you think they should be cancelled or not, I'm interested in others' opinions on this. I wasn't saying I personally want them to be cancelled, probably should have added that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors are most important to you when considering a university in Clearing?

How well the uni/course ranks (3)
17.65%
Location (3)
17.65%
How effective their covid-19 policies are (1)
5.88%
What courses they offer (4)
23.53%
Course content (2)
11.76%
Social life options (2)
11.76%
Accommodation options (2)
11.76%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (0)
0%

Watched Threads